Nissan 240sx Engine Management

For ka24de applications, what is a good engine management system? I have done research but I would like people with experience with different systems to post there thoughts. I have been mostly looking at the Apexi AFC Neo. I don’t want something too complicated to use or setup (rewire) Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Running boost or NA?

NA, Boost soon

An AFC is NOT Engine Management

Yes. Those are piggy backs not software. You need a software tune. Like Jim Wolfe tech, mega squirt, aem. All range in prices but u get what you pay for. It depends on what your running. Injector size, mass air flow sensor, turbo size and what you want for power.

I would honestly recommend getting as close as you can to a stand alone unit as you can. I have an ECU tune and if something is off your stuck with it or you’ll have to send it back to get it re-tuned. The standalone at least is something that you can plug into a PC monitor most of the car if not all of it and make changes on the fly. And if you get to the point you don’t understand what your doing you can always send it to a shop and have them tune the car. These KATs are a lot of fun when they work right. but when they don’t man you’ll be wanting one of these.

the best and probably easiest stanalone ECU is a Haltech platinum 1000. you can order a plugg-and-tune wiring kit from here if you dont like wiring.

Hmmm… well I have an AEM FIC… but yeah the wiring is totally messing me up and I keep trying but it never works so I thought if I got something smaller and more popular unit then I could get a step by step hook up. I was reading a installation guide for an AEM FIC on another forum but it was for a 95 so it didnt work as totally as planned. Can you get a plu and play harness for a 93 240sx for an AEM FIC?

When I buy aem u get a plug and play standalone which should have a stock base tune to run the car. Then u tune from there. For 1500 or cheaper it will last u forever. Tune it then forget about it

What part # AEM and is it series 1 or 2?

Its the newest AEM FIC