Nissan 400z

Part of the problem with the front end is that new pedestrian design regulations require the headlights to be mounted higher than they were back-in-the-day. So I’ll never see headlights like the ones on my 300zx again. Face lifting everything makes it kinda suck.

Stupid European pedestrians.

Overall I like the simplicity vs. the Supra vents to nowhere.

Front rectangle is reminiscent of S30 aftermarket air damn / fascia sans bumper bar, so I like that.
Stupid vertical crease in front fascia… why?
Headlights would look cool on a 1998 Mercury Cougar.
Hood “V” crease, yes.
Sideskirt, meh
Black A pillar / roof / hatch, not sure…(let’s see some body color renditions)
Tail lights, I’d like to see center section inset slightly instead of flush. (1/2 way between S30 and Z32)
Rear diffuser looks like it is forcing the rear body color fascia angle.

So does this get “SAD” electric steering and harsh engine too? https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15100512/2016-infiniti-q50s-30t-red-sport-400-test-review/

ngty4w2akkn51

No, no, and no to those 3 colors…

Let’s see some lighter blues, greens, oranges:

1 Like

Apparently nope;

i totally can see how this is just a marginal update from the existing chassis because Nissan is basically fuxxored being near bankruptcy and mired in executive conflict.

you can’t really do ground-up redesigns in that environment.

that being said, i’ve always liked these cars. now that the 350z’s are in the $5k - $8k range for reasonable example it’s really hard to complain. The 370z’s are easily had for under $20k up here now.

where can you get japanese simplicity and reliability with a manual trans and an engine as proven as the VQ? There isn’t much competition tbh.

putting a TT_V6 in these is awesome too.

software and bolt-ons will net 500whp+

AMS RA 500 package for the q60 with the same engine cost 7k to get 500whp. And that’s just parts and the tune. Factor in labor for those who can’t, easy 8-9k to make 500whp. I’m sorry but the bmw Supra still gets my vote.

Cancelled?

“Considering the Nissan lineup, the Skyline 400R VR30DDTT will most likely power it. The brakes are the same Brembo model as the R35. There will be a manual spec model and it seems like a very grown-up sport coupe with many possibilities.”

If you think about it, this is Nissan’s first manual FR turbo since the S15 Silvia.

https://option-tokyo.com/2020/09/17/49638/