Nissan Eprom tuning

yeah they guys on ka-t swear by this thing, im kinda curious how this works

i wouldnt go so far as to say tons :slight_smile:

i havent used liveedit yet. from what i gather cb_drift doesnt have a site or have it hosted anywhere yet. which is kinda odd because hes friends with blundar over on pgmfi. if you have a copy, it would be nice of you to send it my way. :slight_smile:

edit:
wow, after a quick search it amazes me how much some chumps are charging for some sub standard software. shit that can edit maps, log a few things, and very little else selling for over $500. lol
us honda guys got it good.

I am be interested but all mods to my ECU must be contained in original housing. Where does the “socket” go?

on zee board. jew will bee fine

yeah, I just answered my own question here…

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=97105&page=2&highlight=eprom

You need to buy a daughterboard for yours. I believe the CA setup that Andy has doesn’t need one.

i could get a spare ECU for my maxima and there shouldnt be any problem

Socketting an ECU only takes 10 minutes to 2 hours depending on the amount of glue that needs removed, so you won’t need an extra ECU. If you have a DSM ECU…good luck! :rofl:

yes i do remember reading this now

maxima = no DSM…i can get a spare for like 50…just incase sumpin goes wrong

I guess that’s not a bad idea, but if you have somebody who knows what they’re doing do it there shouldn’t be a problem.

I was referring to how much glue is on DSM chips rather than the cost of their ECU’s. :wink: They use a ridiculous amount and it’s a real PITA.

-Mike

if only they paid that much attn to the rest of the car

:word: , chipping the ecu wont be hard man. i can help ppl with soldering too, modding xbox’s has really got my solder skills on point