Tunning on Stock ECU, in the GTA area

Do any of you guys have experience with any local shops in the GTA for dyno tunning on stock SR ECUs?

If so how much did they charge… are you happy with their work… etc.

Thanks,
Marc

Honesty - you best bet would be to send it out to someone like Scott Avoy (Enthalpy)

No one locally can do what you need.

well that depends, do you want to chip tune your sr or do you want someone to tune your piggyback.

either way i can help u with both.

Can’t neetronics do stock ecu tuning?
I remember hearing that a wile back.

I think Paul does techtom tunes or uses daughterboards…

Paul can do a daughterboard, but you’re gonna pay for it.

And he’ll probably just tell you to buy something else.

I am doing basic upgrade of injectors, MAF and want to tune the ECU to my upgrades as well for ideal street driving. I am not looking at spending more then 500-600 max US for tunning.

Thanks guys,
Marc

I am doing basic upgrade of injectors, MAF and want to tune the ECU to my upgrades as well for ideal street driving. I am not looking at spending more then 500-600 max US for tunning.

Thanks guys,
Marc

I think you’re missing the point.

The stock ECU can’t be “tuned”. It has to be modified to be tuned. This process is done through a daughterboard. Essentially a new socket and EPROM chip are installed in the ECU. Then you load a base map onto the EPROM, run the car on a dyno, then adjust your base maps accordingly.

Getting all of that plus dyno time and a tune for under $500 is going to take a miracle.

Scott Avoys standard “mail in” tune is $500usd … but I wouldn’t bother unless you have a decent amount of mods.

For the mods you are talking about I would stay simple and just get an SAFC

I went the JWT route and know have an engine that runs lean all the time. They have yet to figure out the problem.

I know Enthalpy does better tunes but I just want to warn you that chipped ecus are hit or miss, for some they run awesome for others they dont. Every car is different.

Happys right, go with a SAFC and get a wideband, youll be more than satisfied with what you want to do.

word full stand alone pwns

enthalpy has been having alot of problems with his ecus latly it seems on fa

enthalpy has been having alot of problems with his ecus latly it seems on fa[/quote]

care to show us the web links?? I plan to send my ecu to him next week.

enthalpy has been having alot of problems with his ecus latly it seems on fa[/quote]

care to show us the web links?? I plan to send my ecu to him next week.[/quote]

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=68058316&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I would still trust enthalpy over anyone else, I don’t think the problem is directly related to the tune.

care to show us the web links?? I plan to send my ecu to him next week.[/quote]

Just go surf over there and have a look around. There have been numerous cases where Scott has had some problems. As mentioned he is the BEST source out there but he isnt immune to the ‘mail order’ modded ECU problems out there. He has also started a new job so he is rather busy with that.

Again not knocking him just saying dont expect to start your car and not have some sort of minor glitch with it or in my case a rather major one. I even sent an injector when I had my ecu done.

$tand alone here I come!

Personally I would add some extra cash and get this:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/APEXi-APEX-SR20DET-POWER-FC-COMMANDER-S13-S14-S15-SR20_W0QQitemZ8035801462QQcategoryZ33596QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I’ve had the pleasure of running a Blitz Accues ECU and all I can say is GOD DAMN!

An SR20 is a POS until you get a Blitz Tune…

They go between like what $400-$600 ? I believe Varun sold his in that area anyhow… Can be found on Ebay easily (Not sure how much to send directly to Blitz)

But if I were to go with an ECU Tune… BLITZ MOFO!

Isnt that ECU tuned for something like 98 RON gas? I keep hearing the one downfall to tuned Japanese ECUs is that they are very prone to knock because of their gas over there, unless ofcourse you run race gas :wink: