Nissan Guys: Avoid Z1 Motorsports

As some of you know, when you talk to me about buying parts I do NOT recommend Z1 (300zx.com) for anything. This is because several years ago when they were starting out, they screwed with Ash (www.AshSpecZ.com) by registering variations of his name as domains and directing them to their website… with the intent to either steal, confuse or swing potential customers. Shitty.

Since then, they’ve grown HUGE in the Z community. They hold the Z nationals each year. They OWN the largest (but least informative) 300zx forum (300zxClub.com) and they have the largest amount of parts 300zx cars in the nation. If I wasn’t part of the Z community and simply a business guy I’d applaud them for this…

… But if you’ve ever dealt with them, you know how bad they are. I could go on and on about the nightmare stories I’ve heard and experienced, but I’ll stay on point about their business practices.

The best resource for 300zx information is www.TwinTurbo.net (TTNET) - it’s the 2nd largest 300zx forum and Z1 does not own or have any say in how it’s run. It’s the only 300zx forum that I use. Although it’s a style of forum some people dislike, it does have an interesting way to get rid of stupid / redundant / trolling posts; Vote To Delete (VTD)

Recently, a few products that Z1 sells have come into question and several members of TTNET have decided to boycott anything Z1. They have even gone as far as using the VTD to remove their ads in the classifieds section. This obviously pissed off Z1, and they contacted TTNET to try and get this practice to stop…

… the rest can be read HERE

Oh the irony, lol.

Although you can buy whatever you like, I just wanted to put this out there for anyone thinking of purchasing anything from Z1… If their shitty service hasn’t already stopped you. And for those who use 300zxClub; if they’ve pulled this stuff on a forum that they don’t control, it’s fair to assume they’ve done it or worse on a forum they do control. Keep that in mind. If you’re looking for fair and REAL reviews of their products, you can find them on TTNET.

Anyone looking for alternate sources for parts, please support these sites;

www.SPLParts.com
www.CourtesyParts.com
www.Bings.ca (Holla!)

CLIFFS: Z1 gets teh ban from TTNET. “We have tried hard to remain neutral but this type of behavior is not becoming of an organization that we want to be associated with. To that end, we have terminated Z1’s sponsorship of this site.”

Not a Z guy at all, but thats just shitty business practices.

wow. my buddy has had 2 91 tt’s and he bought his latest from a guy who lived down in florida and all the worka was done there by zfever , needless to say it was a tad of a mess. he is in the process of straightening it all out, but thanks for the heads up ill let him know, he always talks about Z1, But thanks again man. Ive shown him your car and he loves it, thanks for the heads up.

hmm. intersting to know. back when i had a z, i had thought they were a really good place to go.

thanks man :tup:

oh shit son. :tup: on the :headsup:

didnt kyle deal with them recently too on a negative note

Yeah, he bought a radiator. They shipped him a damaged one and when he shipped it back they said it was fine… and didn’t want to ship him another one :bloated:

shitty… i feel bad for the Z guys…

:repost:

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5921

:picard:

i only order from ConceptZPerformance.com now, or AMZPerformance.com or maybe Courtesy Nissan…

Sounds just like bimmerforums. The problem with most large forums is that the people that run them only care about money so they let idiots run rampant and cast away people that flame them. It’s typical and quite honestly I feel that if you’re stupid enough to fall for it and not do any research, you deserve to get screwed.

:ohnoes:

You do know that AMZ is in bed with Z1 right?

You do know they claim to “R&D” parts when all they do is make cheap copies of other Z products?

Uh… the point of all of this was that you couldn’t read or do any research about them since they would remove any negative information / reviews from the website before anyone could see it… even the moderators.

:ham:

Did you ever work anything out with them?

I would have canceled the order on my credit card after that shit. The deal was for a “good” motor. Well good luck with all this, sucks when a place treats people like this.

VTD

hahahahahah

So you only rely on one place to get your information? They call them second opinions. Try it sometime.

I don’t think you’re comprehending the situation.

There are only 2 forums. If one is run by the company in question, and the other only has biased information because that company has removed any negative threads, where are you supposed to get that second opinion?

Oh shit…Thanks…I’ve ordered from them once…Everything was decent, but after reading this, no more Z1…

Seriously fucking go away dude…you are a waste.

i ordered rear e-brake for Z32 off these guys… came horribly incomplete, had to threaten filing wtih mastercard for them to send more stuff.

Does the truth bother you that much that you would just rather not know? Sorry, I can’t live that way. More power to ya.

Knowing the truth doesnt bother me…I have dealt with them…I know everything there is to know.

What does bother me is people like you with no genuine useful info posting something arrogant.