Nissan guys: Infiniti I30 HIDs?

A friend is looking to outfit his 2000 Infiniti I30 with HIDs. He doesnt want to go the cheap-o fake HIDs and wants the really thing. Short of a ton of custom work what direction will he need to take?

theres a few companies that actually make pretty decent kits. i cannot think of the names off the top of my head (which i am aware is of no help to you) but some one else might be able to chime in on that one.

There are a ton of plug and play HID kits out there. Whether they have a decent beam pattern and cutoff when used with a halogen housing depends on the design of the headlight housing on the car, and on the quality of the kit purchased (correct focal length of the HID bub).

aside from the plug and play kits i was just wondering if anybody knew of fitment specs for fitting stock infiniti hids. i just did a quick 5 minute search online and got frustrated so i figured i would toss it up here.

If the stock HIDs (from that car or another infiniti) are projectors, then 95% chance they will not have anything resembling a decent beam pattern if you just try to use the bulbs in the non-projector halogen housing. You would need to retrofit the projectors into the existing housings (which would only be possible if the lens is clear and not fluted). If the same car was available with HIDs, then just try and find the whole deal on ebay or something and just swap it out.

Not knowing anything specific about the car, thats about the best I can suggest. If you want to have a professional, OEM looking HID install, you (or your friend) should do more than 5 minutes of research :wink:

these cars do not use projectors. Why dont you have him look into picking up a set of the Infiniti I35 headlights. They came with factory HIDs so that headlught housing would be the best. If he wants to do it the right way then thats the way to do it IMO.

by my projectors and mr smiths nissan maxima hids and retro fit them in

120 for the projectors
150 for the hids

270 and u have a nice setup

would still need the housing though