Nitrous on a civic?

anyone know anyone with nitrous on a civic?

i was wondering how dangerous it would be to put like a 50-75 shot of nitrous on my completely stock d16y8?

any input?

(feel free to make fun of me as i’m used to being a noob)

I don’t really know to much about civics or nitrous in detail, but I probably would not put nitrous on anything with stock internals if you want it to last very long or to be used as a DD.

If the motor is in good mechanical condition it will take a 50 shot ALLLL day.

I stand corrected. Like I said, I don’t know a ton about nitrous. But looking back at the original post, I didn’t see the 50 - 75 shot part of it. I guess I was thinking a larger shot which I would think could be a bad idea.

you’re lucky that hundred shot of NOS didn’t blow the welds on the intake! now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block… and replace the piston rings you fried.

25-50 shot wouldn’t be bad so long as the engine is healthy.

I got a ZEX kit for sale. $300 installed. Lemme know if your interested.

http://www.norgeforge.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/nuclear.jpg

I think i’d stay under 50 if its a dry shot. at least keep 93 and a bottle of octane boost in it at all times.

i’ll probably get flamed, but nitrous is for race motors

a guy at flashlights (Sean Woodard) had a healthy b16 CRX with a 75 or 100 dhot and he was running about the same 1/8 as a stock WRX, so I hate to break it to you but IMO a 50 shot in your stock D series is not going to give you that much and you’ll eventually just blow it up because you will be hitting the button ALL THE TIME…

I’d say save your pennies

Ran a 55 shot in a 200K mile D series for 9 months, THEN ran it on 10psi. Car is still running today on 10psi w/o any problems a year later.

93 Octane + 2 step colder plugs and you will be fine.

You do have to be careful with D series rods though - they are skinny.

I also ran 55 and 75 shots on my SOHC accord for 2 years w/o a problem.

I have a 75 shot on my EG hatch with B18C1 swap (130K+ miles on swap before installation in my hatch).

93/94 octane and put colder plugs in it too, yes.

Also, retard the ignition timing 2-4 degrees from stock (at the diz, unbolt and use a timing light to adjust) to keep the extra burn from going thru the piston.

If your car is OBD1 this is money for a bit of a higher shot.

A Walbro 255 fuel pump never hurts either.

Oh, yeah, I have a 255 walbro :smiley: Forgot to mention that. That is a critical piece of the puzzle. Thanks for remindiing me.

I ran a 50-75 dry shot on my business and it’s healthy as a chicken!

Most HP gain for the money. I say do it. That and if you do blow the motor there everywhere. Have fun and spray.

boost is still a bigger bang for the buck

as a chicken eh? takes a bite of a grilled chicken sandwhich from wendies

:hahano: :hahano:

not flaming you about the race motors comment, just a little confused on what youre trying to say