Curious on what ppl think about using nos in there cars?

cause i was thinking about getting some for my car instead of some of the other upgrades that will cost a lot more then if i was to get a nos pack so let me know if its worth it.

$ for $ its one of the most cost efficient power adders.

nothing wrong with it so long as you’re responsible with it.

You have an LT1 car, right? :tspry: is pretty well documented & supported… just read up on the 11ty million setups out there.

precisely. just dont refer to it as nos anymore please.

oh, and I feel Wey Shot >>>> Dry Shot.

$0.02

Takes an extra 5 minutes to install / setup, but is far more “fool proof”.

Nitrous junkie here, gimme more:loopie:

I’ve never used it on any of my cars yet, but I like the concept.

where cars?

i like what a small shot can do to turbo cars.

spray to spool.

not too mention that i like seeing 75 shots (NX rated) netting ~100whp. :slight_smile:

I had a 75 shot in my old accord. def effective…

from what I always see – to properly and safely use it ends up costing a lot more than most people are willing to spend. to make real power you need a very different setup than NA so it’s not like you tune your car to the edge NA and then just start adding nitrous to get more power.

where are you looking?

As long as you’re not a complete idiot, and can follow instruction, you’ll be fine.

IIRC, most LT1 cars can take 100 wet shot without so much as a hiccup. All you need is a WOT switch.

If you wanna push it (larger shot, more timing, etc), you run a window switch ($30 - $100) & a FPSS ($10).

Its literally been done & documented online thousands of times now.

yeah i got an lt1 i was looking around and the turbo kits are like 4 or 5 grand so i dont really have that kind of money for a part like that.

so i figured i’d check up on the nitrous cause it can give you similar results for less $$

lt1s can take 100-150 , spray that shit

don’t bother with a turbo setup… no offense but I think that you’re far too inexperienced at this point. They can be rather involved, rather fast… meaning that you’re learning curve will be steep -or- you will pay out alot of labor $$ to have it setup & tuned properly.

Spray that bitch and enjoy.

+1
Too many fatalities this year already. Please don’t be another statistic :slight_smile:

dont forget to upgrade your cooling system, spraying creates extra heat, and stock cooling systems suck pretty bad to begin with.

Just my $0.02 and if / when it blows up, your not allowed to feel bad because you crammed nitro down its throat.

As others said it’s nitrous not nos. Anyway it would be great for the LT1 just make sure you have the proper switches as mentioned by Nikuk.

I’m curious though where did this “don’t boost your car you might die” viewpoint come from…

fuck cars I use it on my bike!

Nitrous is a great bang for the buck, best thing to do is go read about setups. Visit sites like www.camaroz28.com they still serve the lt1 community quite well.

I didn’t say anything about boost = death.

I was asying that (based solely on his posts here so far) an LT1 turbo setup would be a huge waste of money.

I was questioning cky more than you, but I agree with everything you said for the budget concious (spray > turbo).