nitrous guys...some questions

Someone wants to sell me a Nitrous Outlet wet kit already set up for a ls1…comes with everything down to the purge kit minus the bottle for dirt cheap…

I want to spray, but I dont want to take away from my N/A tune because I dont plan on using the nitrous alot…just a little extra hit here and there

what can I safetly get away with on my N/A tune…50-75 shot before I start to detonate and hafto take away some timing?? Mind you, I still have my 41lb injectors to install so I have a good deal of fuel to play with also.

Id do a flip switch tune. 1 setting you have alot of timing in it for your N/A tune, 2nd setting retards the timing and throw the 150+ at it.

Idk what your tuner put into your car timing wise, but im assuming he added some to make more power, which is the opposite of what youre going to want to do on spray. On average you pull 2* for every 50hp.

I think he said im running 28* WOT

also, I have never heard of the flip switch tune setups on LS1’s…I dont think its possible to switch between tunes

Yeah, im not sure what they run for stock timing. I usually look at base timing, which stock on my car is 10*, so i usually pull 4 for my 125 shot, and throw a spash of race gas in it to be safe.

hmmm

I know ls1 owners run 50-75 all day long on a bone stock tune with bolt on’s and its still safe…I just dont know if its safe to do that since my car is dialed in on a dyno tune for my cam. I know my cam LOVES nitrous with the 112lsa.

i dont see why this thread was deleted. this thread could provide good information if people build on it

like i said before ,you are safe wit about a 100 shot as long as its a wet kit ,im runnin about 3 gal,s race gas in my tank when sprayin

drew i thought u didnt wanna spray?

Nitrous is a stand alone system and has nothing to do with anything thats done to your car. A wet kit sprayes N2O and Fuel, you adjust the jetting to obtain the desired AFR. There’s a way to pull timing on LS engines without having the car tuned. Some sort of relay/resistor box or something, I don’t know off the top of my head. Buy colder spark plugs and run at least 100 octane on the spray for good measures!

A friend of mine is spraying his LS1 in the street on pump gas with 4* pulled out across the board. He said he did not notice any loss of power or fuel economy. He’s spraying a wet 150. Stock everything other than intake and exhuast.

It’s a flip switch timing pull, some sort of resistor/relay thing

Thought you didn’t want to run N20…

N/A ONLY N/A ONLY

Hes getting amped up that he cant easily walk other cars in his “hp range”

Hey smokin, just a word of friendly advice, and I say this with a good manor and not trying to be a dick…

Learn how to drive your car before adding power to it… I personaly think you should have waited before even adding the cams but ehh to each is own… Fast Driver in a slow car > Slow driver in a fast car

LSwhatever=1 cam

:Idiots I always do that FML

A little shot wont hurt :slight_smile: plus my cam loves nitrous so the gains are awesome with it.

did u ever get it re-dynoed?

I already have the colder plugs in the car (tr-55’s)

I know this timing thing your talking about but like I said, I just want a small shot…nothing like a 150

no im supposed to go out sunday.

The injectors I bought, the guy sent me the wrong ones…So I had to pick up some injector harness’s that are plug and play (I was NOT going to splice new ones in) and those are supposed to be in this week and also he just got his tuning interface back last saturday from HP tuners and this saturday hes going racing all day.

ehhh I change my mind every night lol I dont know what the hell I want to do. I came accross this nitrous kit for dirt cheap, But I want a FAST intake manifold with a 90mm fast Throttle body and 4.10 gears…I dont know what to do lol

Buy it ALL!!! :vlad

I wish

my girlfriend would cut my dick off if we go to move in to the apartment this coming month and I have no money cause its all in my car lol