No Health Insurance, where can one go?

I have a friend who has no health insurance and who just fell on some ice (no, not anywhere where she can sue anyone) and fractured/sprained/dislocated her elbow. She can barely move it. Is there a “free” clinic in WNY? Or a cheap one where she can have it looked at and not have to pay for it for the next ten years?

No dumbass replies, please.

Thanks!

This is your first post. You are new to the boards and are already asking the NYSpeed doctors for help? Wow.

Your friend is probably going to have to suck it up and go pay for a real doctor, and if it takes 10 years to pay for a few hundred dollar urgent care bill, then she needs to get a better job.

You have 0 posts and decided to hit up a car forum for advice on this?

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Damn you tpgsr

:word:

Go to an urgent care center. It’s not expensive. And if she literally has NO money you can call them after you get the bill in the mail to work out monthly payments. They ask you what you can afford and you pay that amount, interest free.

urgent care is usually 90 bucks

i should have started a thread when i was having a hard time get my tie on right this morning : )

Seriously though, go to immediate care center, they will fix all up, then make payments. It wont be even a weeks paycheck if they make minimum wage

I was really impressed with the MedFirst urgent care in the Dent building on Sheridan. Ended up there Saturday morning when I realized my sore throat had gone from just inflamed to inflamed with very clear white spots (strep throat). In and out in under an hour, no appointment, paid my $15 copay and got my prescription. My wife went to Immediate Care on Transit a while back for an ear infection and was stuck there for over 3 hours.

So my friend ended up going to Immediate Care and they told her it would cost her $230 up front, PLUS whatever treatment she got afterwards. That was a little too much so she then went to MedFirst at the Dent Tower. It cost her $135, which included all the x-rays and a sling. They diagnosed the problem as a dislocated elbow AND a fracture, but wanted a second opinion so they called across the street to Excelsior and told them to take care of her right away, which they did. It was just $100 there and they confirmed the fracture, which they said luckily required no surgery and would heal on its own over time - she’ll regain full range of motion within a year. They said that the elbow was not dislocated, however. They prescribed her some meds and she was out. So luckily it wasn’t too serious and surprisingly didn’t cost much either. I think $235 is not unreasonable, and was probably much cheaper than Immediate Care would have been. She paid with cash and won’t get any bills.

Just wanted to give this info in case anyone else out there has a friend with an elbow accident and no insurance.

Thanks to all those who responded.