No luck with cars...

I swear that bad luck just follows me and cars. Even If I am totally babying a car and tending to it so nicely, shit will still break…

Today, I go to roll up the window in the MR2,a nd as it’s going up, I hear a pop from inside the door. I’m thinking… “hmmm, musta came off the track.” Soooo, this evening, dive into the door…

And come upon this… On the front window motor mount to the door, one of the bolts had worked its way loose over the years, this was kicking the window out of alignment and straining the lower bracket that bolted the gear driven motor to the frame.

Well, the pop that I heard this afternoon was the sheet metal on the metal arm of the motor, that connects to the frame, snapping like a twig.

Hard to explain, but does anyone know if I am in deep with needing a whole window motor now?

i might have missed this, but when did you get an mr2? pics?

Haha, it’s Chinos old car.

ohhhhhhh ok, cool :tup:

Sorry to hear. Had something simalar happen in my old Subaru, except the arm bent instead and I had to either keep the window open or closed.

Start check eGay for a replacement. :gotme:

Well, my wonderful deal is the window won’t stay closed. I can’t get it all the way up by hand. I can pull it up enough so I stay dry, but bumpy roads with the stiff suspension bounces and jolts enough so the window falls down about an inch. It sucks, hard.

And I am definitely not looking forward to replacing it, because it is VERY tight inside that door and the cutout holes are very small.

this just sucks steve. your toyota is acting like a VW!

sounds like my honda hahahah
I better go wash it now or it will get mad at that comment and break.

Aw shit there goes the idle. Now you did it. BTW, you need to update that sig.

there is an mr2 in J&J’s junkyard… that most of the guys around have been using for parts. I’m not sure if it has power windows tho. if not, mr2oc always has somebody parting out a car.

lol think about the age of the cars you keep buying…

It does, but Mark and I already got all the wondow stuff. Sorry dude.

I do have some spare parts though. PM me Steve.

+1

I don’t want to sound mean, but when you buy an old high mileage car so you can get something fast in your price range, shit is going to break. It has nothing to do with your luck.

Now had you taken what ever you paid for that MR2 and bought a low miles much newer Focus/Prizm/Corolla or maybe even Civic (though the Honda boys keep the prices up on those) you’d suddenly feel “lucky” because they wouldn’t break.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable… Pick two. Smartest thing I ever saw in someone’s sig.