Power Windows

when my car got broken into, they left teh door open overnight and we had a rainstorm.
i get my car home and realise that the window motor is blown.

my problem is i dont know how to get the damn thing out of the door to replace it!!!

can anyone help me out here??

Bryan

There is two screws on your door panel one near the front behind a plastic hider (circle thing) and one in the handle, the rest is just clip so slowly pull on it all the way around till it pops off and remove it, then remove the plastic mositure barrier gentely if you want to stick it back on, then you need to remove the whole window rack sliders and motor there should be 4 bolts holding it in the door frame, its a little tricky but it should come out with some patience. then you can switch your motor
oh ya and its best to put the rack back in place then replace the window dont put them both in together good luck

Ps sorry to hear about the car mine was broken into no to long ago to :frowning:

Give it a day or two. I had this happen to me, waiting in line for the car wash my windows quit working, a day or two later they worked again. I went to the dealer and they said its 1 of 2 things, motor or somethign else. Both parts were $175 range, so I was like ah crap. A day later the humidity in the door cleared up and it worked again

car was briken into in midle of april… finally got teh car home in may… it had a month to clear up! im pretty sure its blown. lol

Bryan