No more GT-R (R34, R32) for the U.S.

The owner of Motorex, the guy who made GTR imports into the U.S. possible, was arrested by the Los Angeles County Sheriff two days ago for fraud (or possibly some other crime he committed). His bail is about $1,000,000 USD.

The lease to the Motorex facility was overdue for months, and Motorex has now been locked out by the landlord.

The U.S. Department of Transportation has offically rescinded import eligibility for the R32 and R34, only the 96-98 R33 is still allowed to be imported.

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/details.cfm?qwert='.2%24^S%3F%3FDQ%40%20%20

Fanboys everywhere are committing mass suicide. :slight_smile:

think of all the baby seals that will be saved, this is a win for animal rights activist everywhere :tup:

Ha! Sean Morris i believe? i’ve heard alot of stories about how much of a dickbag he is, after he spent the dough to get them legalized he thought he was some sort of genius because he figured out you need alot of loot to buy and crash multiple skylines. :roll:

so i guess any patents they might have had are up for sale for bail? :slight_smile:

lol, I thought this was old news? Canadians can still get them. :slight_smile:

There is NOBODY who can legally import and federalize a Skyline at this time and its not likely that anybody is ever going to bother going through the process again. Some have tried to get the DOT to make public the procedures Motorex was using to federalize the cars but the DOT is still protecting the info.

Start the fanboy suicide watch.

OOOOOOOOHS NOOOOOESS!!!

http://www.comtrix.net/~rick/bb%20taunts/suicide.gif

i dont get the baby seal thing

Bwahahaha… only the R33. Bwahhhahahahahaa… :stuck_out_tongue:

Sucks to be that guy, but i guess you get what you deserve in the end. He must have fucked up pretty badly or have prior convictions to have a $1,000,000 bail. Now i’ll have to go to Canada to get the Skyline i am not going to buy.

motorex = owned

well it definately sucks to be that guy, lol. skyline humpers will drop like flys now

thing sounds like a vacuum cleaner in both ID and GT4 and handles like one too

meh i wasn’t planning on ever owning a skyline, so no biggie…

besides, in a few years…aren’t we getting the new one?

didnt they close a while ago…it hought i remember hearind this…doesnt RB Motoring now do all the importing…an MEH …u can get R32s in Canada in a few yrs R33 will be available in Canada too

Damn, I was about to buy 6 of them too…

I think he is a flight risk which is why his bail is so high.

$90K for R34’s, how ridiculous

Emissions and crash standards are a bitch…plus import fees and ish

supply and demand i guess.

people still pay it too. :ham:

there is an importer on long island and i know someone who picked up an R32 last year from them. i also know they had a couple of R34s, one of which went to someone on a local board i’m on… the owner posted on the board and said he has imported about 2 dozen skylines

oh well no more skylines evar i guess

GOOD DEAL.