Non-Pittsburgh, Non-Posting member

I got a weird PM a few days ago.

The member’s user name is s13autox, this user has no posts on our board and appears to be from Tennessee.

This would be the message I received.

So I was wondering if I should reply to this fellow. I was kind of put off that he left his email address for a reply. I take that as him signing up to send me this message with no real intentions of coming back and contributing.

what do you guys think?

He probably did a search online about the swap. You had it posted up on here didnt you ? If you did he found it I would help him hell what could it hurt

I’m in Johnson City TN right now for a business trip. Fuck this shithole in the earth. I can’t see anyone competant enough to do any swap here.

:rofl:

What kind of no-life douchebag doesn’t live in Pittsburgh, let alone PA and post on this board?!? Geez, what a POS. :hs:

<–Check location.

you don’t need to put “check location”, we all know you live in the great big shithole known as California.

you could probably be nice and help the guy out though. If you are that worried about it, set up a dummy account at gmail or hotmail and send it that way. It’s always good to help out a fellow car guy.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/9999785643434.jpg

:rofl:

I sent him an email last night about it. I was never really concerned, I just thought it was a little bit odd.

I forgot that this site is able to be viewed without being signed up. I also did not realize that searching on google brought my swap thread up in like the first three links.

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=ka24e+to+ka24de+swap&btnG=Google+Search
:):):slight_smile:

You are a celebrity on teh innerwebs now.

I get PM’s and emails all the time about my old car. I usually try to give them as much info as possible and point them in the right direction.

Pittspeed reaches out further than you’d think. Here is a PM I recieved from a kid in Italy asking me about turbo set ups for 240sx’s after he saw the in car vids of my old car. Its kinda hard to decipher his PM’s, I think he was using some kind of Italian to English translation book. Some crazy shit.

Private Message: info to 240sx 427hp
12-05-2007, 03:21 PM
s13SRitaly
PITTspeed.com New Member

info to 240sx 427hp

Good morning, may I ask You an information? For me it’s very important (you can answer to me when you want).
I’m an italian boy, from Rome.
I’ve a nissan s13 (in Italy it has only the ca18det engine, but I put in it the black sr20det engine… all modificated… if You want to see my car, write http://www.nissan200sx.altervista.org/… there is 3 photos of my car… imported from Germany… I have done this page for You).
I have seen your video on s13 (or your s13 on a video… I don’t know)… “1320s_240sx.wmv” (2,23 m) … this car (427 hp with gt30r… I have read in this forum a your message where You told that the car has the gt30r) has a beautiful thrust… it seems a drag… in ratio to category… I have seen other video in internet of s13/s14 with sr20det also with gt35r where the car seems slow to rise of rpm (even if these car has more power of your car)… instead, your 240sx is beautiful… because from the moment that the gt30r works good, every gear rise immediately (you don’t make in time to insert a gear and You already must change this gear to superior gear)… and, in a moment, you can put 2^, 3^, 4^ and 5^ as if you are driving a drag… from the moment that the gt30r works good, the torque is ever the same up to rpm limiter (to rise ever with the same vigour, speed and torque up to limiter…THIS IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT… THE SAME VIGOUR UP TO LIMETER… WITHOUT DECREASE TO UP OF RPM)… and also the sound of gt30r is beautiful… the whistle of gt30r is very present and at the same time deep and keen (SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS)…
Now, is the gt30r that has these qualities or are other things to give these results?
On my car, I want to change a lot of things (pistons, cam, headgasket, rods, titanium valves, wastegate, pop off, programmable ECU, intercooler… and all things that You can think)… and I’m becoming insane to decide which turbo to put in.
I have a lot of doubts.
I want to have the same type of behaviour of your 240sx in video (427 hp with gt30r…same vigour, speed and torque up to limiter, without decrease) and the same type of sound, but to have a power of about 430hp to 15psi (93 oct. fuel), 500 hp to 20 psi and 600/650 hp to 25/30 psi (not +… I would use the car usually with 430, maximum 500 hp… a little time to 600/650 hp) …
To reading in internet, it seems that the gt35r (.82) is good for this power (and with this turbo not necessary too much high rpm)… but I have seen some video and this turbo has a too much linear behaviour (even if on 1/4 mile is also low to 11 s… but the car seems slow… not a missile… and also to dyno the engine is too much linear to rise of rpm… but the video are of .67… not 82)… but I have read also that this turbo, for the linear behaviour in ratio to power, is good for street (it’s possible to do curves without “too much” problems or traction)… Then I have read of the turbonetics t66 … it’s very fast… and it has a similar behaviour to your sr20det with gt30r… but I have read that the car with this turbo is not guidable to street and also race (impossible to do curves… and you lose a lot of time on lap… and on street easy risk to turn)… now, of sure You would ask me if I want a car for drag, race on street (including mountain street)… I tell you that I want a car for race and also for drag… because for me the “brutal spool and at the same vigour up to limiter” is very important… but if the car become really too much instreetable… perhaps this is excessive… I want a behaviour (and a sound) as your 427 hp 240sx gt30r… but with more power (430 to 15psi, 500 to 20 psi, 600/650 to 25/30 psi).
My car has this tyres: 215/40/17 to front and 245/35/17 to rear (I hope to bring my car in germany to put 235/40 to front and 275/35/18 to rear… perhaps 295/30/18).
Now I believe to have these options (You consider that the ECU is programmable… so, I can change a little the type of spoll if I put a turbo too much brutal or, instead, too much linear):

• turbonetics t66 (perhaps 1) Ball Bearing;
  • garrett gt35r (.82) Ball Bearing;
  • turbonetics f1-35r Ball Bearing (???) …is as the garrett gt35r but with t4 flange… in theory it should be more less linear of gt35r…???;
  • garrett gt35/40r Ball Bearing (???);
  • pt67 Ball Bearing (???);
  • turbonetics hp60-1 or hp62-1 or hp66 all Ball Bearing…???
  • hks t04r Ball Bearing (???).
  • others???

Do You know which is the best for me?

Thanks, best regards, Manuel
ps.: exscuse me for my disgusting english language…!!!

That’s pretty awesome/.

Might as well help people out…What the helll ya know? That is what forums are for, to help others, and to learn new things.