North Hills SCC 2008 Auto-X Schedule

The reason that I might not be able to run is that my state inspection ran out last month because of rear pads and tires. I put new pads on Wed. and I am getting new tires Monday. The tires themselves are okay, they just have a lot of uneven wear on two of them because of the previous owner.

I’m not really worried. I just don’t want to get up at the crack of dawn to just stand around and watch everyone drive around and having fun, that’s all. I’ve waited 4 years to be able to do this, and I don’t want my first chance to be a waste, ya know?

Oh I get it. Yea unfortunately since we run in a public lot the cars have to be inspected. At beaverun they do not since that is a private lot. So if you car is out of inspection then yea, hold off going to NHSCC till you do. Again thats not so much their rules as its the county’s rules. At the beaverun low key events they don’t care long as you flash money in front of them haha. Still if you have any time over the weekend, come up and watch. You can still pick up on whats going on just by watching the flow of things at a event. Like worker change overs, how the cars line up, etc.

Yeah, I had e-mailed the head guy (Bob I think) and he said I can still come, but won’t be able to drive because of the inspection. I am just trying to find out if it’s worth it for me to come up, pay the $20, and go through the motions with a car. If it’s better for me to skip the class and come up later in the day just to watch, I will probably do that instead.

Just sucks because I’ve really wanted to take this class, and ever year I couldn’t make it because of going to school in Ohio. Oh well. If you see a big guy with a blue Michigan shirt on tomorrow in the crowd come over and give me some tips or something. I have a helmet too. :rofl:

pretty much anyone is free to ride along on any of my runs. Just make sure you have a helmet and don’t have dog shit on your shoes and you’re in, lol.

I think you may need to be registered though to ride along, so this is more for people who might be really nervous their first time and they want to ride along to see where the course goes and how things go down. Just stop by, big red vw.

I was out there for a while watching even though I was sick as hell. Seems pretty simple, but fun as hell. There was no one there too, which was kind of surprising. I’m sure there will be a lot more people out there tomorrow. I really wanted to see that smart run the course, but oh well.

Were you in the new GTi with Billco on the side, or the late model one?

that smart was funny, i tought it was gona tip over!

So it actually ran?? Shit.

Yea the Smart car didn’t do to bad. They said it was nice since it was flat out everywhere haha. I sat in it, not bad on the inside actually. I mean its small, but not cramped. Materials used seemed really nice also.

Fiji Mazda - Yea I think Saturday or Sunday I spotted your car while in grid. Sorry I missed you though I was busy running around the grid most the day. Hopefully you can get your car taken care of soon.

It’s cool, no worries. I recognized your car when I saw you running the course. I should’ve come up and said something, but I wasn’t feelin too hot that day.

But I’ll be inspected this week and will be making it out on the 20th with the guy running the black Speed3. Should be very interesting. :rofl:

Ride in Habib88s 4thgen civic=amazing and makes me want one

Trade? lol. Nice meeting you Tom, you looked pretty good out there for being pretty new to the whole thing. Like I said I think I’m going to try to make Beaver on the 19th if all goes well. If you want maybe we can trade some runs between our cars.

For the rest of you, some pictures are up. Results should be along in another day or two.

http://autoxphotos.com/gallery.asp?categoryid=365

Unoffical results.

http://www.nhscc.com/2008/20080406/April%206th.pdf

hope those who participated yesterday enjoyed themselves. i’ll be out on the 20th for sure.

anyone on here own this car?
http://autoxphotos.com/thumb.asp?size=640&path=gallery%2FNorth%20Hills%20Sports%20Car%20Club%2F2008%2F4%2D6%2D08%2F20082008%2D04%2D06%5F11%2D35%2D14ax1%2EJPG

judging by the pictures, someone’s in love with the black s2k.

I owner of the integra isn’t on here to my knowledge but is on RPA. The co-driver of that car did win the class though. And the black S2000 CR is owned by the guy who took all the shots so he’s entitled to a few extras.

check. that’s pretty damn slammed to be racing. i’m curious as to what is done to it. looks like he has some crazy offset.

i figured the s2k was the guy doing the photos. there was one too many shots of the car in front of a house.

The owner should be at the next event. With regular 15" wheels it looks like any other lowered integra. The 13"s are just so damn short it makes the car look like its on the ground. I think it might be sporting a Koni/ground control setup, but I’m not sure. Both owner and co-driver said the car was working well and probably had a little more in it.

I think brad might have said something about neuspeed springs in a 475 /425 rate f/r?

I need to get my summer tires and get out there.

Some guy was racing my old bimmer… Small world.

The red one with the checkered flag pattern on the nose? I could have sworn I knew that car from somewhere, but I remember seeing the owners last year in a Lincoln Mark VIII of all things. Well they seemed like they were enjoying it at least.