North Park 9/11

Anyone going to autocross on Sunday. I am going to try it for the first time, wondering if anyone else will be there to give me some pointers.

I’ll probly roll to watch but my driverside axle is shot :frowning:

Ill more than likely stop up since I got nothing else better to do on a sunday

I’ll be there in my Starlet.

I’ll be driving my silver WRX wagon. Hopefully I can meet some of you guys.

Find the beige Starlet (most likey the only one you’ll ever see) and you’ll probably find me nearby. I work registration in the morning, usually help out in the timing trailer during the day, I play the music during the event and then I help clean up at the end of the day so I’m not always at my car.

Just remember that autocross is not as easy as drag racing. A hot car will get you nothing, you need to have some driving skills to get a good time. There will be some people that will be able to ride with you in your car or take you for a ride in their car and they’ll give you some pointers. We have an excellent drivers school every spring but throughout the season we can offer enough help that you’ll make some improvements and want to come back out and try it again. The key to going fast is seat time, the more you do it the better you get.

Autocrossing skills will also directly transfer into the real world when you drive on the street and encounter something out of the ordinary. When you know how to properly control a spin, threshold brake (without locking up the front wheels) or have experience with a car that’s RIGHT on the edge of losing control you’ll be ready for anything that these moron Pittsburgh drivers try to do in front of you.

There’s plenty of good Subaru drivers at the events, be sure to introduce yourself!

little more than a month till I can run… BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

hopefully i’ll get a ride to watch.

Ill be there but cant run this weekend regulator needs rebuilt again and stock tires on the front wont do. Next week even without tires ill be running. Ill be the one withthe black neon with fla plates

I might show up to watch. One of these days I am going to try auto-xing the STi

Bummer I didn’t realize there was one earlier, I’m going to the Stillers game. I will be up at Beverun on the 25th though.

cuise-a-palooza is sunday out moon park

I’ll be there, Chop n Drop, if you wanna ride along or need someone to ride along with you lemme know, I have no problem helpin out new people. Alot of the locals are actaully going to the Steelers game. I mean seriously race around a parking lot full of orange saftey cones…or goto the Steeler game…lol. If anyone stops up to cruise, when you pull into the loop that goes around the pool (lot will be on your left) there is ball field on your right your allowed to park there. We are there all day till about 4 or so? Just watch your speed the cops patrol close too the lot. Not because of us racing, but because if its a nice day it will become like a car show up there. And about 50 or so ricers will be buzzing around trying to look fast. Anyone who wants to check some of the other fall dates http://www.nhscc.com/schedule.html and http://www.steelcities-scca.org/solo2/solo2schedule.html

Tony, better stop up and say hi beeachhh!!!

BTW Cutty…this ones for you bud :wink: Showed up a beaver a few months ago hehe.
http://www.racepa.com/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=2380

ill be tooo hungover to autox…maybe ill come out and watch some if i can get up early enough.

Thanks Habib, what car is yours? I will try to introduce myself.

Usually i’m in a Black 91’ Integra, #7 STS. I MIGHT be co-driving a Supercharged M3 tommrow, but thats not set in stone yet.