North Park Auto-X (4/29)

Haha…yeah I don’t drive it too often but when I do I like to have fun. It was a great time and cool to meet you.

obi-1, Yea its V8 mounted in the middle. Car was actaully the kids senior project from a few years ago. Car works pretty well and its clean.

Smokey - Short answer is if you wanna be competitive/fast take the SS. If you wanna have fun take the WS6. Reason is at NP all the stock classes have to run street tires, so your cobalt probably wouldn’t do to bad. If yours has the LSD in it then it will definitely be alright. If not then take whatever car you fee like driving that day.

cool. well i dunno if i’d want to beat on my daily driver, cause i need it to last. i’m curious how well itd do though. i’m kinda bummed that the mods on the WS6 put it in a class with cars that are better for that type of racing. so i’m garaunteed to get smoked in that thing no matter what. oh well, like you said, its fun…plus it looks cool out on the track. lol. its a tradeoff.

The cobalt would hold up fine. We have a local guy who’s been racing his competitively on his since last year. He just switched to R-comp tires this year. It would probably be less of a handful and easier to control, but it will understeer more than the WS6. Especially since the way you fix understeer in the WS6 is by planting the right foot lol.

http://www.autoxphotos.com/gallery.asp?categoryid=287

^^ Any pics from the school me and smokey were at? I didn’t see any?

Sometimes they do but none that I saw for this one. I updated the gallery link it should lead to the right place now. There we also alot more pictures uploaded from Sunday. Myself, Matt_Marks, 1st V-dub, Whitey, Trunkmonkey, T70_Tsi (in Trunkmonkeys car) and Chop-n-Drop are all in there somewhere (I think thats all the PS people that were there).