nos octane booster

Has anyone ever used nos octane booster racing formula with nitromethane? I just opick up a bottle at auto zone!!Was going to put it in my truck when i go to keystone this weekend !

:rofl:

NAAAAAAWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSS

as long as ur car doesn’t explode when you put it in, it should tack up a few octane points for you. can’t say i’ve used it though

i dont think it goes up whole points. i think i read that it give you an extra like .3 octane points

unless modified a lot cars run better when using the octane the vehicle was designed to use. octane booster on a stock vehicle is a waste of money and 18 seconds to dump it in the tank. my $.02

depends on the brand, when it says “points” that means .xx so if it raises 7 pts it raises it .7 there are 2 out there now that raise 20 and 30 points which would me 2.0 and 3.0…mostly it’s tolene or xylene and you can do it yourself from home depot.

there was an article in SCC that told you how to mix gasoline and tolene plus i know there has to be sites out there witht hat info on it

that might help

One gallon with a full tank of 93 will put you at about 95 if i remember correctly from my calcs. but it will be knock free and clean burning.

it’s all over the place, i dunno it seems to work itself out to be the same price as a cuople gallons of c16, the difference is it’s not leaded…but then again who cares

people with catalytic converters :dunno:

bah, who needs em?

not until you have to pass an emissions test but some people are idiots and run leaded gas in cars with cats! then says that race gas fucked up there engine when its just a bad cat!

if you’re using c16 for just track use a couple gallons mix will not fuck your cat up…if you run straight c16 like i do at the track yeah, it can cause damage the lead wiill plug/melt the cat. but if you’re dumping c16 in for normal street use it’s time to retune your car you’re being a dumbass

apparently you havent met the crew that meets at 1am up at robinson pep boys!

?

1am pepboy crew :rofl:

its the local 2fast 2 furious crew of our area! they go out at like 1am and they drive as fast as they can on back roads and tape it! they have honda that are primered and shit! its a pretty hilarious thing to watch!

i used the Nos octane boost just so i could have a mini nos bottle in my console. If you are worried about octance just get some of the 120 out on rt 30.

what’s that have to do with c16?

that ‘octane booster’ is laughable… get some 104 unleaded if you are going to try to run higher octane gas… not something that is like 1/100th of your tank.

oh, and for christ’s sake it’s TOLUENE!!!

yeah i said that earilier