What octane are the sr20det crowd running?

I have been driving my sr20det for about 4 months and at first I ran just 91 octane. But i am now running 91 with a bottle of octane boost every full tank and it is running alot smoother and somwhat stronger. especially on really hot days.
I was wondering what you guys are running. Especially any of you with modded SR’s and those that have had your engines dyno tuned for max performance.
I am putting my FMIC on the car shortly hopefully and I am wondering if it will run cool enough to not need the extra octane if I increase the boost a little?

to save yourself money dont use octane booster.

Look around and find yourself some toulene, it has a ron+mon/2 octane rating of 114 compared to pump gas 91,92 or 94.

(gallons of pump gas * octane of pump gas) + (gallons of tolulene * 114 which is the octane rating of tolulene) / gallons in your tank = total octane rating

so, here’s the setup i use:
(14 * 94) + (1 * 114) / 15.0 = 95.3 octane

Toulene can be picked up from paint stores but you must ask for it.
If you are told about Xylene stay away from it, it is toulenes evil cousin and even though it works better it will eat your rubber hoses very fast.

Toulene is a thrify mans race gas :drinkers:

Sooo…
Why have I never heard of it?
Is it a paint thinner?
How much does it sell for?
I find octane boosters on sale so it is ussually like $2 extra per tank.

I get gallons and gallons of toluene for free. Suckers. :lol:

I used Husky 94 octane for a long time, but switched to shell gold v-power (91) because of it’s availability, and I didn’t notice a performance difference.

It is found in paint thinner but it is mixed with other chemicals which you dont want.

you could also go and buy some Isopropyl Alcohol which has a pump octane rating of 101. If you do this make sure there is less than 10% alchohol.

Any specific store we can buy this at?

just go to a paint store and ask them. If they dont have any ask if they know anywhere that would.

Call around to some chemical supply places aroudn edmonton and ask them as well.

I picked up my can at Home Depot.

What kind of price is this stuff?

what is the richest it can be mixed?

they say to try and not add more than 30% toluene.

premium gas contains about 7% so 37% would be max.

I was quoted at 10 dollars / gallon but it looks liek that is going to be dropping to around 4.