NOTHING BUT HYPE... edit: more runs, page 3

Great time slips Bill!!! Sloppy converters suck. Get that bitch tightened to 3000!!! The tighter the more efficient the converter will be and the car will MPH higher.

:tup: nice times again.

One of the gear vendors OD units would be extremely beneficial at this point,slightly expensive but well worth it,you mentioned wanting the OD back …

http://www.gearvendors.com/index.html

http://www.gearvendors.com/racing.html

Extra gears won’t be beneficial until he can keep it planted for the gears that he has. More gear will put more strain on the converter and it will just compound the problem.

I agree, he needs one, but he needs to fix what he has first.

Fix it… for 8s.

dont waste your money on a gear vendor just leave it alone and just fix the converter i think your car has an 8 in it o/d is not worth the sacrafice

dont think you went much over 61-65% throttle that whole run :roflpicard:

From the launch? That seems hard to believe, damn. Are we sure the sensor is zeroed in?

Turbos make such cool sounds. :tup:

X…

wow just wow you DO have an 8sec street car on pump gas low boost… :tup:

:tup: :tup: to Carl at Comp Transmissions. Called him up and he’s starting on my new converter which will be done by the end of next week. We’re going to the next size up, taking 1000rpms out of it, and we should be good to go. Even swap, no $$… good service.

and J&J and myself just checked my TPS issues a bit ago… omg :bloated: :redface:
opened up the throttle blade by hand WOT, scanner readS 100%. pushed the pedal to the floor, 77%. pulled the floor mat out, 100% :banghead: LOL… balls

i was officially at ~65% throttle for 95% of the time, WOW

You should probably lower the stall more if thats the case lol

he said the shear size of the new converter will prevent me from ultimately blowing through… so for now i’ll take his word for it, lol.

i guess the computer simulates the car being at 100%tps even if it’s not after certain criteria is met, which i believe because there’s no way the car was only at 65%. only negative would be the restriction at the throttle passage, in theory

:tup: to finding free power.

now you can get into the 7’s easy lol.

damn do you think your going to hit 8s?

That’s a much easier fix than what you’ve been used too.

So really, your still just shaking it down. :slight_smile:

Not to many pre-race checklists include “check floor-mat for throttle obstruction”

The car may have been at 65% throttle opening, but the big freakin turbo could still supply enough air to feed the engine to spin to 7000+rpm and make some power at the boost level you have it set at. I’m sure when you turn up the boost you’ll want those blades to be fully open though.

I’m thinking that Carl just didn’t take you seriously when he originally speced you your converter. He knows what it is capable of now. Better hold on tight :slight_smile:

Add 35% more throttle to the poopra… is it a shit load faster?

I see 8s in it.

Awesome to see u goin this fast just “shak’in out”. 8’s r a given.

Probably don’t need to do John Force burnout’s:biglol:

R u having fun yet?

even though very impressive i DONT see 8’s the way it sits. Already cutting great 60’s and 3/4 throttle doesnt realy change much when full throttle. I do however think its possible for a low 9 with the right circumstances. More boost could mean 8’s though.:slight_smile: turn that bitch up.

8s man go big

holy shit bill that is awesome, you should start competing w/ it once you get all the little thing figured out