Novice Bike: Ninja 250R - input/comments

Dude motard for life BRO. I love my KTM. and the 400DRZ-SM is alot cheaper, easier to find and just as fun. it is fun as hell pulling on the back tire of a sport bike in the twisties and they are like where the hell did that dirt bike come from! lol dont underestimate them.

Yep, still riding my first bike. LOL but I am a noob.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol best comment in this thread so far.

It still and allways will, come down to the rider. Without the rider, the bike wont move.

Anyone who wants to ride, must know something about riding physics, and machinery. My GF, rides my race quad around trials with me, and can hold her own just fine. Knows enough about the sports from me and learns fast. However, she isnt the best taxi ride in a car if you get my drift. She stops short, doesn’t look very far ahead, isnt very smooth with her maneuvers… basically I always get smacked for back seat driving. I would never put her on a real sport bike, without 2-3 years or more experience. And I am honestly scared to death to let he go out without me riding with her. More so that I wont have a little control over her safety, not as much as I am worried that she will crash on her own. On the other hand, my buddies GF says, “I want to get a bike next year it will be fun.” She doesnt even know what all the “shiny levers do” MOPED for her first bike for sure. Same thing for guy friends, alot of them are just as lost.

I am not claiming to be an expert rider by any means. BUT, I have crashed off road trucks, ATV’s, dirtbikes, sleds, karts, pit bikes, BMX bikes… and I also will be in the front of the pack on the track, trail… will jump stuff others dont even look at… I can do stuff. Last year I bought MY first bike, KTM625SMC. I rode friends, Katana 600, GSXR600, GSXR750, R6, SV650 and the ninja250. The ninja honestly was a pile. out of the bikes I rode, the SV was the easiest to ride. I have my first year under my belt, stayed shiney side up, but made 2 mistakes on my own and recovered, and only took 10 seconds to clear the butterflies out of my stomach. Once a racer, always a racer, no mater what the medium.

I will also give you another honest statement. If I never had the previous experience on all types of other machines. I would not be caught dead, on the streets with a 600cc sport bike. I would be in parking lots, riding around what ever I could get my hands on. then, after I could start, stop, dodge cones, evade shit… I would find GOOD SAFE Experienced friends to take me out on roads with NO traffic. Even with my life experiences I still and always will feel naked, and vulnerable when I am on a bike on the streets. That is probably what will keep me alive too.