Now I'm looking at a STI

A local dealer is offering $7k off of MSRP and 0% financing on new STIs. MSRP starts at $34,995. The BBS wheels are $2k and nav another $1800. I like the BBS, but not enough to put $2k into them (they are the same size as the stock wheels, so no performance advantage other than a little weight reduciton). I have a potential buyer for the IS250 so I might find myself in a Subi. I guess that will mean the GVR4 is going up for sale too. Hmm.

-TJ

Sounds good…they only come as a Hatch right? I am not too big of a fan of the Hatch…but it is all preference.

Good deal. There was one autocrossing last Sunday. Suspension looked to be a little soft but it was 100% stock. Still was ripping off decent times, too. I can dig it.

get a gto

Yeah, hatch only. They are growing on me a bit, but I still hate the fact that it’s a single-turbo 4 cyl w/ 4 exhaust tips. I mean come on, the exhaust exits the turbo as a single down-pipe and you’re going to split it to quad tips???

Yeah, they are softer and roll a lot more than previous STIs (or Evos for that matter) but as a DD I like the ride (a buddy of mine has a '08). Just like my intended use of the GVR4 it wouldn’t get raced a lot. Probably only wet-weather AutoXs were the soft suspension isn’t a bad thing.

I’ve got the 'vette for my LSX fix. And I can’t throw my bikes in the back of a GTO. :wink:

-TJ

the new ones are uggggggggggly

I think for a daily they would be awesome. Its a 300hp AWD hatchback, that screams practical on multiple levels. I’ve seen them autox twice now, once at a pro solo this year and once locally. Despite being softer they always seem to do ok. The one from this past weekend was a new driver far as I could tell and he was still pulling in impressive times with his. I never got the quad tips either, but I could live with it. I’m also glad they used the wagon instead of the 4 door, I keep mistaking the 4 doors for Kia’s every time I see them from the rear.

that car looks like way to much fun to drive, same with the evo.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLH7X84rm48”]YouTube - Fifth Gear - the new 2008 Subaru WRX STI Review[/ame]

He said “when it gets slippy.” I didn’t think anyone outside western PA said slippy.

the problem is the 09 wrx is faster, and there will be a new sti next year that blows it away. its a good deal, and if I was in the market it would definitely be an option