NSX will have to wait...bought a house...

My buddy has 2 lotus Elise for sale
If your interested, one is NA with a dumb expensive exhaust the other is supercharged and is 1 of 2 in the USA in that green metallic paint. The orange isn’t for sale yet as the front clam is being repaired. I can attest to the condition of both as I have been the tech maintaining them

2 Likes

i need to get out of the city and get that kind of space and run that kind of fleet.

I can’t say I’m crazy about the green paint, unless it looks diff in person. The orange is beautiful! What is he looking for them? I see 05ish Elises go for 20-35k (on ebay)

@bing Same, I live on 1/5th of an acre, I need at least 1 so I can build a pole barn. Buying shit isn’t an issue it’s keeping it places. I’d love a boat or some jet skis, plenty of those under 10 grand.

Also something I’ve been considering that I came across last night - Saturn Sky’s or Pontiac GXPs. Some of these I’ve found for 7 grand, some for 40.

Of course this ones modded but base 260hp 10ishk and very reliable drivetrain I could work on all day

He’s asking 35k for the orange one.

I chased a Sky redline on tail of the dragon on my way back from buying the S5. Seemed pretty capable and a sharp little roadster.

1 Like

I’m guessing he fixes salvaged cars?? Also where’s he list them for sale? I use auto tempest, BaT, ebay, all of the car sites. I guess the only place I haven’t checked was a lotus forum.

None of his cars are salvaged. And car fax are clean on them. He is a importer and get a lot of cars from Canada.

thanks!!

I’d suggest a clean NSX or S2000 as prices are only increasing for those cars. Hell, if you can find a clean CR, I’d say to jump on it. Lotus Elise’s are pretty sweet as well. I’d gladly rock one out and I feel the older generation is on the upswing for prices as well.

A nice first gen NSX would be beautiful! Lower them an inch with some nice wheels, change all the fluids, tune up, drop in a good air filter, swap out muffler. Good to go for life.

I’m checking every day.

Humm…

You have NSX and Lotus experience? lol a car is a car.

My mom has a sky redline 5speed for a number of years with only some minor issues.
If I owned it I would be tempted to due the GM performance parts stage 2 tune and throw an exhaust on it and have a great weekend toy.
The one you posted appears to have an LS swap, so that is always an option.

Honda and Toyota experience lol I’m willing to take a little risk. I know the Lotus has a souped up Toyota engine, the rest I’d be willing to learn. I don’t need an exige, the elise is more than enough. Closest I’ve got to working on an NSX is a TSX (and Honda’s in general) which is a far cry but I feel more confident, especially after working on the Viper. I know they’re totally different but I’m a little braver than I used to be.

I don’t want to add power to any of these cars, reliability is key.

My end goal in life is to have “an everyday Joe car collection”

When I die I will give everything away to someone who deserves it.

That was does have an LS swap but I would never be doing that, visually I love it’s potential. I don’t care about going fast it’s more comfort, handling and appearance. I have an R1 if I feel the need for speed, and the viper is plenty fast enough for me.

The older I get I just care about looks, reliability and a bangin’ sound system.

Is your mom looking to sell it?

Not yet.
I have seen many modified. Disappointed we gave up on a low priced sport car.

If you check out ebay and autotrader, clean examples of Sky and Solstice and selling for 30k+

That’s just dumb.

They are honestly hard to find in decent shape with a manual. My sister has a black Solstice I used to own, its an awesome car.

She was just in a minor accident where a lady drove into the front corner of her car. Needed a hood, headlight and bumper which almost totaled the car. Its crazy because the KBB is only like $8500 but you can’t replace it for that much. Plus hers is a three owner car, me being the second owner, triple black and manual. Super fun car I would recommend one any day.

The hard tops are SUPER rare and weird. There isn’t anywhere to store the top in the car, so if you take it off make sure its not going to rain!

This one is super nice at a reasonable price.

I will say an exhaust, intake and tune makes these cars perfect.

This one is a banging deal for a driver.

I like the solstice over the sky, its cute little British sports car look just gets me. The Sky is too caddy wack looking for me.

It’s worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it lol

edit - i am not willing to pay that much, if you’re at the 30k mark, might as well pony up another 10 for an NSX or a slew of other sports cars.