NY Guy buying a car in Rural PA

:tdown:

Craigslist?

Yeah, but the worst part was that the seller sent old pictures and then said well, I never said it was perfect.

Then he stayed firm on the price and I just laughed and told him it was worth maybe 50% of his asking and we would be interested for that amount and he offered to knock off $500.

These assholes…

That’s like the guy who sold Newman broken shit then said “Well, that’s whatca get for buying stuff on the internet!”

I feel like with any craigslist purchase, no matter how well you pre-plan, this shit can still happen. Bummer that it didn’t turn out to be what you had hoped for.

what was the car? link?

That sucks! I’m currently looking for a diesel truck, so hopefully people will send good pictures when I find the right one.

asking when pictures were taken is something I’m going to add on any purchases now I think.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/89-fox-body-notch-back/6552121377.html

This was the car. Paint is good at 25’ roof has a huge dent and cracked paint. The rear deck lid is super faded. The window trims are all dry rotted.

The interior was clean but when you looked at it in person, the door panels were not anchored correctly.

That fucking blows. If I’m going to look at a car that’s more than 2 hours away I’ll ask a seller to send me pictures taken that week and a video of it running and possibly driving. If they can’t be bothered to do that it’s not worth my time to go out there.

Well, one time @2TurboZ went with me to look at a car (he drove) but I actually bought the thing AND still have it years later :tup:

Yes and Yes…unfortunately the seller of that blue car claimed things were current.

And he was a Preacher…WTF