NYIRP 9-5-08...?

fuck this

I went and the rain held off until just before closing. Even then it only lasted a minute. Fortunately it always seems that the rain always misses NYIRP. There were quite a few cars there and a lot of spectators tonight.

Notable runs?

damnit

Not for me. I was losing boost each pass so I thought I either had a leak or my turbo was dying. I found out that my boost controller valve loosened up and was backing out. I screwed it back in and the boost magically came back. After I fixed it I ran a 12.6. The air sucked and my engine was still hot from a previous pass.

There was a nice older talon that drove there and ran a low 11. I think it was mostly stock with a big ass turbo. There were quit a few sub 10 second cars there as well. Most had traction problems further down the track. I really thought a couple were going to hit the rails a few times.

good night for me
ran 12.62 for my best trapping at 109.47
doing a 1.89 60 ft time and doing the 1/8th in 8.10

but now on the other hand it was not a good night for my clutch :frowning:

You ran the 1/4 at 8.10? wow!

lol he meant the 1/8th.

good night, mikes car impressed me. hes so consistent, 4 passes straight at 12.6 at 109/110

nice driving and good times

Lol, I know.
I love it. I wish I could have went.

lol no more racing for mike, his stock clutch is slipping now

I know I’m talking to him on AIM now.

phuck yes …maybe i can hit 12’s…thats encouraging…:tup: mike!

mikes night was sick very fast, as i watched him blow past me as we ran 3 times, my night not so good lol stock sti ran 14.3

It was a nightmare for me. I showed up at 7:30. I had to switch lanes 3 times before I ran my first pass, which was a joke 12.4@110 LOL. I guess I should have launched the car at 2k cause it bogged bad. Next pass my driver side power window took a shit and I cause only get it half way up. I ran some sick 2nd Gen Firebird which almost hit me on the way down the track, so ended up letting off the gas at the finish. I spent an hour in the pits with my dad and brother ripping the door apart to get my window up. We ended up tieing the window up with electrical wire. It work, but took away a ton of time for some runs. Last pass I ran 11.1@121, my car wouldn’t shift into 4th at the finish, may be a sign the 700r4 is dieing. I took the air cleaner off to make another pass, but it started to rain and my night was over. I did finally get the car on the scale at the track. 3680 without me and without exhaust on the car!!! I’m still having traction problems, so I’m thinking an rpm switch for the nitrous might help. The 1.50 short times aren’t helping my E.T.

I still can’t believe you run your 700r4 into 4th…at WOT…on the spray…

I did ok.
11.3 @ 124 with some shitty 60 foots.
That MR was running pretty good for sure.:tup:

Nice meeting you slasky!

He did go 2, 12.9’s also @ 106.

Evolution MR VIII, I didn’t know that was you, we could have talked about you getting that spoiler :eekdance:

Cory, killer night! That car boogies!!!

yup that was me
and for the spoiler idk if i can get it anytime soon
im prolly not gonna have much extra spending cash
im pretty sure i need a new clutch :confused:
:meh:

im in the same boat mike! except parts/install are much cheaper for me :slight_smile: + i need trans also