NYS Emissions Warranty Law

Does anyone have the link to the NYS Emissions law warranty? Vehicles have their emission systems covered for 8 years and 80k miles.

i believe so, the cat’s went on my gmc, luck would have it that i was at 75,000, the replacements are under warranty for 8/80 as well

isnt that only for the cat?

If you have your car manual it usually gives you the information.

I have a bad 02 sensor and it is not covered, only the cat is

It’s in there, I’ll have to take a look. Gracias.

Ghey… I got a CEL for the O2 sensor… Shit.

^ What do you drive? O2 sensors usually aren’t that much $ and unless it’s in an impossible to access place shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes to change.

yeah I just called last week about it and it’s not covered. Besides there is 100 deductable if it was covered after a certain amount of years…3 I think. so it wouldn’t be worth it anyways really if you can change it yourself.

I have to find out the specific sensor because there are 5. two pre-cat, two post-cat and one post the second cat or whatever it is.

just borrow a scan tool, or go to autozone or something…I think they will do it for you for free.

Already ahead of you, gonna head over to meet Don sometime next week.

Its not state law. Its federal Emissions waranty. The easiest way to explain whats covered up to 8/80,00 is if the parts Main function is to clean up emissions it is covered. There are a few exceptions. It is part of the Federal EPA clean air act of 1990.