NYS forcing drivers to purchase new plates.

Good old vbsearch. I searched for “license plates” and found nothing.

Will this take place at time of re-registration or on April 1?

Like the Auto Bureau isnt slow enough already…

so it looks like at your next re-reg after april 1st you will have to get new plates, so if my reg is up this month, I won’t have to get new plates for 2 more years until myt reg it up again, or do we all have to get new plates in april no matter when our next reg time is?

hmmm

We’re all getting new plates come April. If you re-register before than you’ll be paying before April.

So for $25 bucks they have to make, ship, and document new plates? Yeah I’m sure the profit is huge for that. Probably a net loss. I’d rather just send in a check for $25 and not have to change plats or update my insurance info.

^ The state says it’s going to make about $130 million on the deal.

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2009/08/03/daily36.html

That might be Homer Simpson accounting though. You know, he takes the money from Marge to buy bacon to cook just for the grease which he sells for 1/100th the price of the bacon. But it’s a profit because, “Marge gets her money from me, and I get my money from grease”.

Does no one else the the irony of all the “green” bullshit this state tries to push on us, only to waste a bunch of materials and energy making new plates that almost no one needs? Sure, I bet the old plates get recycled but that still costs resources, along with the resources to make the new plates.

x2.

I’d mail in $25 any day instead of waiting to turn in old plates and grow old in the DMV.

I think the last time they did this the new plates came in the mail with a return envelope to send your old plates back.

Which begs the question… what happens when half these plates don’t come back and end up slapped on unregistered/uninsured cars? I still have my old plate from years ago for my boat trailer that I never bothered sending back when they sent me the “new and improved one”, and have never heard anything from the DMV about it. Clearly they don’t keep very good track of these.

I dont think they give a shit about old plates. When I got vanities, they told me to “Recycle or dispose of my old plates in a responsible manner.”

RFID chips, that is why we are getting new plates.:tinfoilhat:
My new plates will be put in the microwave for about 10 seconds.:smiley:

BED, you must go through a lot of microwaves with all the metal you put in there :lol:

7-11 micro, not mine silly.:smiley:

sidenote: my microwave has a metal rack in it.

Yeah you can put metal in as long as it is not grounded.
My wife freaked the first time I put a metal bowl in the micro.

Back on topic. Burn your plate.

I’m more pissed about the welfare recipients getting $200/child for school supplies. What the fuck? They all shop at Price Right, anyway; $200 would be enough for a family of 8 chill’ins to eat, shit and still have enough school supplies for 2 years.

repost…but seriously…

My REG is up 10/09. I just paid like $60 to transfer plates to my new car a month ago…, I’m going to have to reregister my car next month, idk what the fee is but I bet it’s around $50 or more now… And then in a nother 6 months, I’m going to have to pay another $25 for new plates, AND reregister my car because the new plates WON’T match my registration (you have to pay an extra $25 if you want the same plate #)

I have about 6 brand new NYS plates in my apt that I’ve never turned in.

Too bad they don’t track that $200 they give out, it all ends up in drug dealer’s hands anyways.

yeah my vanities came and they said to destroy, obliterate, my old plates lol

i think im gonna swap my front plate with a european one. i wonder how long itll take before im on the side of the road with the popo. :mamoru:

OH I called this! And I was joking.

RFID chips ARE DELICIOUS