NYS inspection for Solo 2

I have an expired 10 day sticker on my mazda due to a non-functioning parking brake. The car is 110% otherwise. Will it fail tech because of the sticker? I really want to run Sunday, but haven’t gotten it “fixed” yet.

My inspection sticker on my miata is from 05.
I ran at batavia

What event you going to??

[quote=“double j”"]

Will it fail tech because of the sticker?.

[/quote]

NO. It will pass as it passes their tech. You car does not have to be street driven to autocross.

[quote=“Minglor,post:2,topic:32331"”]

My inspection sticker on my miata is from 05.
I ran at batavia

What event you going to??

[/quote]

Awesome. Sunday’s Event at ecc-n

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:3,topic:32331"”]

NO. It will pass as it passes their tech. You car does not have to be street driven to autocross.

[/quote]

That is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. Thank you very much! :smiley:

Why dont people with two cars get their daily driver that will pass inspection inspected and then take the sticker and put it on their other car and then go get their DD re inspected. Its as easy as that.

[quote=“JDMSIR,post:5,topic:32331"”]

Why dont people with two cars get their daily driver that will pass inspection inspected and then take the sticker and put it on their other car and then go get their DD re inspected. Its as easy as that.

[/quote]

Supposingly NYS will not let you renew a registration if you don’t get the car inspected.

[quote=“JustinH,post:6,topic:32331"”]

Supposingly NYS will not let you renew a registration if you don’t get the car inspected.

[/quote]

really? is this new? because i renew’d a few months ago and it wasn’t any different than in the past?

[quote=“Adictd2b00st,post:7,topic:32331"”]

really? is this new? because i renew’d a few months ago and it wasn’t any different than in the past?

[/quote]

Not sure either. I have not had any of my cars ever legally inspected since I have been driving( not that they wouldnt pass), and i have been driving for 14 years. I never once took any of my cars to get inspected, my dad would bring home inspection stickers for me all the time, I have never had a problem with registration.