NYS Inspection License. How do I get one?

This may be in the wrong place, my bad.

I went to the Amherst DMV today and they don’t test for Inspection Licenses at their location. The lady said the place is in Buffalo. She said a street that begins with the letter D. I could not understand her.

Does anyone on here have their inspection licence?
Is there any B.S I should expect?
What kind of questions are on the inspection test?

Thanks for any info

The street she spoke of is Destitution Ave. Hard to find. There’s a lot of em.

When I got mine I had to apply by mail and wait for a date/time/location to take the test.

That was like 5-6 years ago so maybe it’s changed. You take a class and then they issue a test.

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/forms/vs120.pdf

need a year worth of shop experience, register online or by mail and they give you a date time and location.

Google.

good to know, thanks

exactly what i’m looking for. Thanks

Fuck google

Dingens street.

Do you have auto shop employment experience?

I do have auto and diesel shop experience along with 4 years of school. 2 years at Erie 1 BOCES Kenton center and 2 years at Ohio Technical college. I also worked at a municipal garage.

sounds like youre overqualified for the position. sorry.

They didn’t help you get it at school? I went to Alfred State for autobody and it was basically a requirement.

IDK what you guys are talking about.

1. Need a year worth of experience
  2. Print form off DMV from above
  3. Take at ECC in Orchard Park
  4. Drink heavily before the exam to make it seem like it’s actually challenging, 20 questions from what I remember, takes about 5 min to finish
  5. Take the Emissions portion at your shop off your own computer, that’s much trickier than the one at ECC
  6. While you’re at ECC you might as well do the motorcycle one too for fun, also very easy, I have both

At the time, BOCES didn’t offer it. I went to college in Ohio where they have no inspections, just an e check which is a joke. I’ve personally have seen cars held together with duct tape and 2X4’s.