nys inspection

one i dont work at sears and two you cant fail a car for a balljoint. tierod yes stabalizer link yes ball joint and shocks no unless there not there or literally broken in half
. have i read that. i even took the fucking test.

fwiw, ball joints do NOT fail NYSI unless they are literally falling out of the joint…tie rods and bearings on the other hand fail with any play

shocks and struts do not fail unless the spring is cracked or broken, or if the strut is completely blown out…

Sorry, I thought you worked at Sears.

But like what was posted, a shock/strut can fail you, as can a ball joint if it’s very loose. So a shop that is going to make a lot of money off replacing that ball joint and shock/strut is going to be much more likely to say they’re beyond the arbitrary limit than one that has no financial gain.

right but thats is a disgretional thing and failing a ball joint with slight play very easy to get that sign ripped off the door

ok i fixed the ebrake, it works it holds under slight load does its job what its intended purpose is, passable yes or no

is it manual or auto?

if auto, they will simply check it by putting it do D while on ebrake…if it doesn’t move, it’s good

its an auto, it holds, i put it in drive giver some gas she dont move so im guessin its all good now, i didnt buy the new part i was able to repair the old one to working order. I might just go see nitro in a few mins to see if i can get the :tup: on it

do it up :tup:
joe is a good guy and will be 100% honest with u

99% of the people on here seem like theyd be good peeps, its why i joined. If i can do something for them id do it no problem., oh i just called over :tdown: there are backed up so im SOL today. Dammit I guess that the no sticker driver will exist one more day, ill have to call in becase of vehicle issues.

Sounds like you’re good on the ebrake. Make sure to check your lights. Nothing like paying $10 for a 99 cent bulb because it was “professionally installed” because you forgot the license plate light in your pre-inspection inspection.

Last time I went to Gualins on Sheridan BTW.

yeah there are 2 bulbs out that arent part of a NYS inspection, so that doesnt concern me really. But 2morrow is d-day so that shit better pass. Yeah they wanted to replace the cables, plastic coated cables really dont rust last i checked, it was the tensioner, i my dad an i had at that piece an presto e-brake action was back. thanks for the adivice on where to take it , an for telling me all about ball joints

fic those bulbs man. iam not hooking u up like ur assuming iam inspecting with honesty iam not going to fail u for something that isnt bad if it is bad prepare to fail. 1000 dollar fines and unemployment arnt worth beign a great guyq

im not expecting a hook up , im all ready for a straight up legit inspection, the plate bulb isnt a part of a nys inspection from what i have read, . Ive never assumed sorry if it came out that way. I fixed the car to be ready to go thru it all an then pass. Id never expect someone to jepordize a job or fines anything like that…id never really put anyone in that position either. I was only lookin for an easy inspection shop at first before i really fixed it now thats its all good to go, i feel confident even sears would pass it

ummm plate bulb is deffinately part of NYS

well then its autozone tommrow morning an then to an inspection shop, thanks the shit i had read might been a little outdated.,

new reg books have not been printed since 2004, there were some changes in 8/2005 but they were minor. they are on the VIP machine if your an inspector under on line help if not go to dmv web site go to forms your looking for commissioners regulations part 79 (CR-79<- form #) but be prepared if you print its like 80 some odd pages. the important points for cars is section 79.21

my dad used to inspect cars an he fine tooth combed it for me today after we worked on it, we went over it an pretty much determined that there is no real reason it shouldnt pass. I just feel bad because i think joe might be a litte miffed at me because of all this. None the less i apologized an thats all i really can do just shy of buy the guy a couple beers.

one plate light must work for NYSI if there are two present

if theres only one and it doesn’t work, boom, fail…

both have to work your confusing it with the reverse lights. only one of them have to work

well i actually just fixed it it was one of the plate bulbs an a side marker, all of them work as of 5 mins ago. Better to pay the 1.99 for what i need then pay for an insp an fail it. so im ready to go 100% now