NYS Law on Mufflers

lol I got pulled over a few times and they would ask me the same questions every few minutes to see if I was intoxicated :lol

ive had my exhaust for almost 3 years… never stopped for it once… 3inch downpipe, 3inch cat, borla muffler.

yours isnt that loud from what I remember though, sounds good for sure though

remove 1 13mm bolt and it can become VERY loud

but you dont have that bolt removed :ssh ;D

yeah open dp is loud but it sounds fuckin sick at wot.

Yeah, I got a $155 ticket for that nonsense. I am being forced to pay it otherwise they will suspend my license. Sucks.

Lmao leo when was this
??? :crackup

April 08. I still havn’t paid the ticket yet. East Greenbush PD can blow me.

He said if I put it back to stock in 24hrs and showed the court in person it would be dropped, otherwise I had to pay. I didn’t even have a stock exhaust then so I was pretty much screwed.

It wasn’t even that loud, either. Never had an issue until I got to EG.

gotchaa…yea that sucks. thats how dom with the grey with blue rims got his shit suspended.Had to many of those type of violations and never paid

I just paid it now. Luckily I sold the exhaust for $150 more than I paid for it, so in the end the whole ordeal only cost me 5 dollars. :lmao

I was under the impression that it is the decibel level that determines the legality of exhaust. Cops just don’t understand that. Maybe i’m wrong…

ran open cats on the M all summer and only got a ticket once for it

If only that was the case in NYS. It’s simply up to the officer’s judgment, which is total BS. There should be a measurable standard so it isn’t so subjective.

I’ve never gotten a ticket for excessive noise, and I’ve had many cars with straight piped exhaust & straight through mufflers. Last year a cop stopped me and said it was because of my exhaust, but once he realized I wasn’t drunk (late at night) he let me go…w/out a ticket for my exhaust. Even he knew he was full of shit.

ive noticed too if you have a “muscle” car or truck or something of that nature they will be earier on them…

but imports of anykind, if they are loud they shit all over them…

:wtf

Yeah seems like it.

I have 3" from the turbo back, test pipe, 14" straight magnaflow resonator and magnaflow dual tip muffler. It’s pretty much completely open. I got one ticket for it in Knox, and cops hassle me a little if I get pulled over but it’s not that bad. I don’t really care, what’s the worse that can happen? If it’s just paying some fine I don’t care.

Muscle cars older than '72 can do whatever they want.

they still have to conform to noise regulations… 73 and older just didnt have any emissions devices, but came with mufflers. must of them have mufflers… but a 2 1/2 inch primary on a header with axle dumped 3 or 3.5inch exhaust is gonna be loud, muffler or not

I’ve never seen an old muscle car pulled over for anything other than maybe the owner messing around