NYS Leads In Something!

The east is the best: New York residents are leading the nation in adopting high-definition television (HDTV), with 17.5 percent of households receiving the new broadcast standard, The Nielsen Co. said Tuesday.
New York has almost 1.3 million households that are receiving at least one HD network or station (“HD receivable”), out of almost 7.4 million total households. Los Angeles has the highest number of households equipped with an HDTV and tuner (“HD capable”), but trails with only 17.1 percent actually receiving an HD station.
Washington, D.C., placed third, with 16.8 percent who are HD receivable, represented over 387,000 households.
Nationally, 13.7 percent of households are HD-capable, but only 11.3 percent, or just over 12.7 million households, are actually receiving HD service.
Households classified as Hispanic or Latino had 10.4 percent capability, with 8.2 percent receiving. African-American households had 8.1 percent HD-capable and 6.9 percent HD-receivable.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,139124-c,hdtv/article.html

We lead in taxes too.

So we’re #1 in HD and taxes. Sweet.

I’m actually really surprised by the HD stat.

[quote=“JayS,post:2,topic:37931"”]

We lead in taxes too.

So we’re #1 in HD and taxes. Sweet.

I’m actually really surprised by the HD stat.

[/quote]

I was surprised as well. It’s such a random kind of thing too. I am curious to know what kind of adoption for HD there is in Japan as well as the western European world.

lol… in japan, probably about 99%. Who would own a digital toilet but an analog TV?