NYS to put speed limiters on cars?

If she paid duties, is she even a real Canadian?
:smiley:

1 Like

How long before NY tries this one out? I’m not sure what thread this should go in.

1 Like

Related: Bill proposes increasing New York state speed limit to 70 MPH | wgrz.com

2 Likes

This will likely never happen. The insurance lobby and environmentalists hold too much power here in NY.

I’d love that BUT my diesel truck only regenerates it’s DPF at speeds under 70mph… For some dumb reason. I’d need to drive under the limit for some time/distance on the highway.

Yeah but one can dream…

70 is great but 75 in areas of MI really eliminates any concerns of setting the cruise and getting somewhere

What’s a “safe” (from tickets) cruise speed when the limit is 75? Like here in NY in a 65 zone I set mine at 75 and don’t bother slowing down when Waze tells me there’s a radar trap ahead. I’ve never had a cop care about 10 over in a 65.

It’s a percent thing, say you’re protected by 10%… I never had a problem going 10 over in any state, unless the cop wants an excuse. Mi and Tx included.

Texas has limits of 85mph lol.

1 Like

Driving from South Padre to Austin was not terrible at 95

1 Like

4 Likes

Maybe this belongs here?

In before cars < 2026 are the new unvaxed sperm, lol.

NTSB working on it. I love reading the opinions of “activists” in my automotive news :clown_face:

Intelligent speed assistance technology, or ISA, uses GPS and sign recognition to prevent vehicles from exceeding the speed limit in a given zone.

“There are lots of things we can tweak that make crashes less likely and lethal, but one of the most powerful things we can do is slow cars,”

Some activists don’t think education and awareness go far enough.

“Nagging people to abide by speeding laws only works once in a while,” he said. “A more natural place to focus is on car design.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/rcna126053

That’s funny because there have been studies in states/countries that have higher speed limits, tend to have less accidents.

California, but you know there’s people in NY who love the idea of this:

“There’s no reason why people should routinely be allowed to drive more than 10 miles per hour above the speed limit,” Wiener said in an interview with The Times. “You can want whatever you want. But that doesn’t mean you’re allowed to do it and that doesn’t mean you should be physically able to do it.”

That will never happen in NY. Here’s why… If nobody speeds, then the State Police can’t write any tickets. No tickets= no revenue. They will adopt an alternative solution. Swipe your license before the car moves (so they know who’s driving), then IF YOU SPEED, they simply mail you a ticket, or deduct it from your account. ALL TO KEEP YOU SAFE!

3 Likes

I think they’d just jack up the fees for registration/inspection/gas tax.

What would the State Revenue Collectors, I mean State Police do all day if everyone was going 5mph over, and nobody was speeding?

More time for Pride parades.

slutty chicks at pride parades tho