NYSpeed before and after?

howie less crunches more running and jump rope!

It’s a good idea to do this stuff, because then you have lots of people to answer to when you fall off of the wagon. It will help you to stay on track of your goals if people keep asking you for progress reports and stuff like that. People post things like this all the time on the bb boards.

http://mozey.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/arnold_before_after.jpg

ILL BE BACK

i was just thinking about this… ive been laid up for the past week n half cause of the surgery, coupled with the 3 months ive been stuck not being able to run or work my legs due to a achilles injury… im NOT happy with the way ive been lately, infact ive put on more weight than i want and now its time to take it off

im going to start this on monday, and ill be taking pics, before, mid and final. im going to set a goal for 1 june to show the effects of what it takes to bust your ass

I don’t think this is the right forum for before and after sub-forum. Of course if someone wanted to make a log / journal here… that’s fine, let them. If they wanted to host their pics and post those also… let them. But something dedicated to it is probably just going to be a waste.

Why not see what people do on their own, and if they commit… then give it to them. I would believe a financial sub-forum would be better used

No sub-forum for motorcycles, but this? :rolljerk:

Meh… i catch a ton of BS for “enabling people to get loans they can’t afford” all the time… Imagine the mentality of a sub-forum dedicated to it. Fuck em, let people learn the hard way.

Ugh, I’m gonna sound gay, but I agree with you on all points.

When I’m active on the forum, I get a lot of PM’s monthly about helping people with their credit. I try my best to avoid asking them “why” but I often do, just because the conversation strays that way.

Once they say they want to fix their credit so they can buy a supra, I just facepalm. This is often while they are still living at home, work a second shift mall job and have massive amounts of collection accounts or charge-offs. ( no offense to those of you that are doing it right, and you know who you are ).

Oh well, there is nothing wrong with helping others and providing knowledge. You can only give people the tools, you can’t control what they do with them. In my opinion, anyone claiming that you are “enabling” are just ignorant. They are the kind of people that wouldn’t talk to their kids honestly about drugs, or sex, or whatever.

Where did the whole subforum idea come from? This thread was about making a “biggest-loser” style contest/thread.

But anyhow, yeah a financial subforum on an a car enthusiast board would be kind of like tits on a bull…

its a good idea howie but i fear there are too many jealous people on here and would be too much critisism going around. Those of us who are in to lifting/bodybuilding/fitness know that it is a differeny lifestyle and culture, others just say its gay. I’m all about gym rat threads and people helping other in the fitness catagory, just another hobby to me.

mike

Right there.

This should be a seperate discussion altogether… since you’re validating it here: How many “House buying” questions have been posted in the last 3 months vs “Auto loan / klease” questions?

Finances don’t play a large role in an automotive community? On the contrary I believe they play a significant part in an enthusiast’s interests, as financial planning, lending, and establishing auto values are all important components to someone making their dreams into a reality.

There is a huge nerd corner, a not safe for work zone, a lifestyles and entertainment sub forum… all these are specified areas that members can use to focus their conversation and threads around specific areas that interest them. Undoubtedly one could argue that those theme’d forums are used by younger members, but we can’t deny that the average age of the NYSpeeder is getting older. Hence the increase in political discussion, home-ownership, and financial threads.

+1 for a financial sub-forum but i don’t really know if that would really increase the amount of threads related to the subject but just give it its own place.

Really? You need money to have cars?

All I meant was that any way you slice it, cars are a waste of money. So it would be kind of ironic to have a finance subforum on a board dedicated to a hobby that requires wasteful financial decisions.

Besides, all you guys who have both brains and financial knowledge/experience would be pulling your hair out from all of the “I quote my salary in ‘per hour’ what is the best way to get a loan for a new Lexus? Do I have to pay off my $10k credit card of Honda mods to get approved?” questions.

Stop using your logic fry just because we like to waste money on cars dosen’t mean we wouldn’t be able to use a financial forum. It will help us have more money to waste on cars. DUH!

Viva le revolucion!

It doesn’t matter what subforum I create - it’s going to get posted in OT anyway

lol.

so, more moving, merging for Fry, sweet!

It was fairly apparent what your opinion was the first time you posted it, Fry.

Regardless if it’s ironic or not, don’t you think that people who have the desire to spend ludicrous amounts of money on cars need the help most? A lot of enthusiasts are addicts, and sometimes it takes a real slap in the face ( with a checkbook, or collection letter ) to get them to really take a look at what they are doing.

I don’t dispute that there wouldn’t be an increase in threads, it will likely remain the same. The threads will at least be grouped and organized however, and stickies could be read and not skipped over when necessary.

Furthermore, we choose to answer those questions over and over again to >help< the community. Just like those who have a encyclopedia’s worth of auto repair knowledge help those who have car problems. It’s frustrating for everyone in every regard, but we’ve all been there at some point or another.

page 2 and still no pics?

I’m @ 250 now…
Target weight would be 200-210. But I’m lazy and my wife is a great cook.

wow, ur 250 now?

yea… I"m suffering the same afflictions… upto 235. :frowning: