NYspeed chat?

A few other forum have it. I don’t know if it would get turned into a drama zone or what. Sometimes its useful to log in and bring up random things rather than post up a thread.
Anyone else?

Im for it.

im for it, ajax chat is buggy but its free.

Chatboxes kill a forum. People chat instead of posting.
With a forum posts are pay dirt since chatboxes don’t get indexed.

Not many sites can have a chatbox and succeed in my limited experience.

Exactly. I brought this up when I got on board the staff. It was turned down then, and now as an admin I see why it was turned down and I agree with the reasoning.

However like everything else, I will bring this up with Josh and see what the consensus is, but don’t hold your breath.

If you want to ‘chat’ with someone, there are already a bunch of ways to do it using the forum. Sorry, but that’s not something we going to add.

no problem, just a thought.

we have it on my saturn board and it use to be fun but no one really uses it anymore… everyone on there has everyones number to find anything out so the chat feature is useless when needing to find something quick lol… its neat but not a necessity here.

i really think this would make it so much easier for transactions

We had a link to some 3rd party chat web site before…

plus adding chat enhances the odds that more work filers will block nyspeed.

This forum has a lot of traffic, I think it could support both.

Again, in my experiences it siphons off indexable content. I’m sure the powers that be know better than to run any chat on here. They seem to have a very strong handle on this stuff. I should enlist them to get my market site bumpin for that matter. LOL :wink:

a chatbox would probably help orginize things a little more

I say no. I have a mazda forum with one and nobody posts up actual posts. They come on and ask the box…

not exactly useful and it’s always full of “that guy” who wants to post all day long…

Sorry guys it’s not going to happen. If you need to ‘chat’ with someone use the LPP Messenger or one of the IM options that are under everyones username.