NYSpeed @ Dunville: Track Day #3 Discussion and Pics/Vids

great times…

i was itching the whole time to go out for a few laps in my car, and kept telling myself…NO! you have a small vacuum leak…and no matter how small, it can’t be ignored! No andy, no damit!

and when i finally gave up on listening to reason, the rain started, so i couldnt go out anyway…

but, the rides i did get were great!

so far i’m 2 for 2 in going off road, and doing so HARD, while riding shotty with somebody else at Dunville lol…

and i dont know who it was that was there with his girlfriend, but she wanted a ride in the shopping cart, and i had to say no…sorry, next time/year for sure though.

[quote=“MXS,post:38,topic:35659"”]

Rallycross! :rofl:

[/quote]

haha and it would have been in focus if i had used the tripod :rx3:

[quote=“MPD47,post:18,topic:35659"”]

Good times, I had zero desire to do any grip driving the two times I went out. Thanks to dmoffitt for letting me beat on his car, once again. Brian I hope you and your girl enjoyed the ride. I think Andy had the best session out with me all day. Any pics of me in the Z or the Touring are appreciated. :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, and to anyone who wondered, I blew the diff out the e34 and limped it home at 40mph.

[/quote]

Thanks btw.

I had a great time out there.
I really want the miata sorted for next year.
But my a4 saw 2 laps haha

Thanks guys for a great event, even though I don’t know many of you guys. I had a great time and would like to thank you guys for letting me run with you. I had a lot of fun out there I actually spent more time out in the rain, its all good when you can still put the power down in the wet.

thanks for coming man, sorry we couldnt do any green gen2 on green gen2 action, but even if the seal hadnt been bad on alex’s car he would have had to stop when the rain started anyways

next time Onyz runs another one of these ill def post it up over on SF, SP and TCC

i had a blast doing this and definitely want to do it again (with a spare tire). i could not believe how well the mx-5 handled compared to the saturn which is y i spun out. i thought the car could handle more speed in the turns but i got to over zealous on the turn going onto the back straight away. but hey its my first time and a learning experience.

and who was the kid in the 240 that ran over my air pump and my bag of stuff???

That was a lot of fun! Maybe next year I’ll spend more time on the actual track… :banghead:

Nice meeting you all.

[quote=“Quattro Krant,post:39,topic:35659"”]

Maybe for the next track day you can get your rearview mirror and ears fixed so you don’t hold up 2 cars from passing for 1/2 a lap, just a suggestion.

[/quote]

EDIT: No one likes a cranky pants.

That said my apologizes, I did not intend to do that.

How about some Wagon, on Wagon action next year? :slight_smile:

[quote=“Tunerfreak,post:46,topic:35659"”]

i had a blast doing this and definitely want to do it again (with a spare tire). i could not believe how well the mx-5 handled compared to the saturn which is y i spun out. i thought the car could handle more speed in the turns but i got to over zealous on the turn going onto the back straight away. but hey its my first time and a learning experience.

and who was the kid in the 240 that ran over my air pump and my bag of stuff???

[/quote]

who has a 240 that was at the track? what color was it. Sorry to hear about the tire. I think you were behind me driving the geo when you spun. sorry about not pushing the car to its limits, but i’ve never driven the car before and it was running positive camber (yes not negitive) and now that we have that fixed it handles 10X’s better. the 50WHP doesn’t help either.

Im surprised some of you race cars on the track that I would worry about driving on the street safely…

[quote=“FormulaLS1,post:50,topic:35659"”]

Im surprised some of you race cars on the track that I would worry about driving on the street safely…

[/quote]

It bothers me too. Next year we’re going to have more requirements. I’d love to have real track tech done, but I’m not getting under every car. There are a lot of cars I wont go out with.

we haven’t even had close to a real accident at the last 3 days I was at… I don’t care if people want to blow their shit up… I just keep my distance and everybody has been respectful of passing and not being stupid around other cars out on the track.

IMO things are just fine they way they are…

Sure, some of the cars are less than ideal for a track day, but, as long as the brakes/suspension/tie rods/ball joints are in order, I wouldn’t stress over it. Leaking oil and being unsafe is one thing, beating on a car that is going to blow up leaving the owner stranded, thats their problem. Now, if your car implodes and that causes everyone else to loose track time, you should be beaten with a rubber hose and forced to walk home dressed as Al-Queida at the border.

[quote=“theblue,post:52,topic:35659"”]

we haven’t even had close to a real accident at the last 3 days I was at… I don’t care if people want to blow their shit up… I just keep my distance and everybody has been respectful of passing and not being stupid around other cars out on the track.

IMO things are just fine they way they are…

[/quote]

the closest thing to a emergency is the turbo SHO. and a few damaged tires.

speaking of that. where is the fire equipment kept at?

I could tell you from 20 feet away what cars were unsafe for the track.

[quote=“somedude,post:49,topic:35659"”]

who has a 240 that was at the track? what color was it.

[/quote]

yea it was at the track, it was a maroon color 240 and when i was trying to find a spare tire he ran over my air pump destroying it along with my bag of things. and all he said was “oops im sorry i didnt see it there” :bloated:

articzap?

Negative, that was someone else I thought it was him first also when I saw it. Same color car, but with wheels and probably a few other things.

[quote=“psphinx81,post:57,topic:35659"”]

articzap?

[/quote]

no i know it was not him

It was Jim.