NYSpeed Track Day #1 - Friday June 15th, 2007

[quote=“JayS,post:201,topic:26320"”]

The owners of the track have probably shot themselves in the foot by allowing people to run there before they got the zoning ordinance passed. Now they’ve made enough noise to piss people off enough to get organized. Their chances of actually getting the zoning changed passed now are a whole lot less…

[/quote]

Not at all.

Actually, the site that was posted is just one of those BS blogs that don’t matter much. The “120 people” who “object to the Autodrome” are much less than those that approve of it. In fact, the person who started the whole initiative is a lawyer who doesn’t even live within ear-shot of the track… seriously, their house is so friggin’ far away: on the other side of the friggin’ forest AND a hill. :bloated:

Anyone who has driven to any of the track days we’ve held has seen the many signs in people’s yards that say “I support Dunville Autodrome and Progress.”

There will always be someone that bitches. The legal term is NIMBY: Not In My Back Yard. “Oh, It think that’s a great idea! Just not in my back yard…”

So to the blogger: Keep bitching. Go Ahead. It’s gotten you real far since 2004, lol :2fingers: