NYSpeed Track Day #1 - Friday June 15th, 2007

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:278,topic:26320"”]

For Mav: the 2 groups will go out for 30 minute, alternating sessions.

[/quote]

Can the spot be shared (w/ eMKay)? (i.e I use up 2 sessions, co-driver 2 sessions) I haven’t done anything significant to the car and just doing some test & tune stuff so I have no desire to use up all my time/tires. Besides, from what I have seen in the past you have to twist people’s arm to get out and use up their time. It’s kinda sad when there are 3 cars on a track meant for 12.

BTW, eMKay and I are both qualified SCCA PDX instructors (HPDE, lapping day) and will be more than happy to sit shotgun for anyone wanting pointers.

[quote=“EvoMR,post:287,topic:26320"”]

Are we going to be doing any informal timing or would the owners of the track have a problem with that? I seem to recall something like that last year.

[/quote]

If you are doing that, keep it to yourself. Bringing out the stopwatch puts people in the competitive mode and not the learning mode that most should be in. Knowing that I was being timed contributed to my off, using track pads for auto-x didn’t help either, but it was my equipment, my responsibility.

It’s cool if you want to run 10/10ths, just don’t do it with a full track of noobs and/or with a passenger.