NYSpeed Track Day #1 - Friday June 15th, 2007

anybody selling spots yet or what?

do we have dedicated worker shifts for Yellow Flags and such?

it might help to avoid the delays of full course RED flags.

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:280,topic:26320"”]

This is a good time to remind everyone: If you don’t sign that back page of the PDF and hand it to me on track day, you will NOT be allowed on the track.

Yeah we originally intended to make a tech form, but never did. I really need to update it.

[/quote]

I have the tech form already made, we just never added it to the pdf :wink:

I can convert it sometime over the weekend and send it to you to host.

[quote=“RedrRocket,post:282,topic:26320"”]

do we have dedicated worker shifts for Yellow Flags and such?

it might help to avoid the delays of full course RED flags.

[/quote]

There are two options:

1. The people participating volunteer to work the track

2. Status quo (or, no corner workers per se).

Well, at least I proved I read the document. :wink:

Assuming the visibility is good like at TMP, my vote is no on the corner workers. For the speeds we’ll see, and the spacing we’ll have on cars (no passing in corners etc) people shouldn’t have a problem spotting trouble ahead and slowing down accordingly.

Dunville is flat, you can see the whole track. If you sit on top of your SUV, or if they alow you on the roof patio, then you can really see everything.

Are we going to be doing any informal timing or would the owners of the track have a problem with that? I seem to recall something like that last year.

Sam, they have an AMD transponder setup on the track now, if you have your own becon you can hook up.

[quote=“Rx3,post:286,topic:26320"”]

Dunville is flat, you can see the whole track. If you sit on top of your SUV, or if they alow you on the roof patio, then you can really see everything.

[/quote]

Very cool. I’m not trailering the GTO there though, so the SUV will be home.

Will work for track day spot !

Hang on man, I sent a PM to Josh to see if we could work something out cuz I won’t be driving too much

[quote=“Thong,post:291,topic:26320"”]

Hang on man, I sent a PM to Josh to see if we could work something out cuz I won’t be driving too much

[/quote]

actually i worked something out with mr MPD mike so i will see you there

:tup:

<-- still offering to buy a spot for more than face value.

theblue, i just pm’d you if you want my spot

theblue just bought my spot for the 15th, ill see you all there in aug…

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:278,topic:26320"”]

For Mav: the 2 groups will go out for 30 minute, alternating sessions.

[/quote]

Can the spot be shared (w/ eMKay)? (i.e I use up 2 sessions, co-driver 2 sessions) I haven’t done anything significant to the car and just doing some test & tune stuff so I have no desire to use up all my time/tires. Besides, from what I have seen in the past you have to twist people’s arm to get out and use up their time. It’s kinda sad when there are 3 cars on a track meant for 12.

BTW, eMKay and I are both qualified SCCA PDX instructors (HPDE, lapping day) and will be more than happy to sit shotgun for anyone wanting pointers.

[quote=“EvoMR,post:287,topic:26320"”]

Are we going to be doing any informal timing or would the owners of the track have a problem with that? I seem to recall something like that last year.

[/quote]

If you are doing that, keep it to yourself. Bringing out the stopwatch puts people in the competitive mode and not the learning mode that most should be in. Knowing that I was being timed contributed to my off, using track pads for auto-x didn’t help either, but it was my equipment, my responsibility.

It’s cool if you want to run 10/10ths, just don’t do it with a full track of noobs and/or with a passenger.

I might take 2 or 3 laps at 10/10th’s at this event, maybe not. I was driving scared at the last auto-x the entire day and really just need my confidence back right now.

[quote=“Thong,post:298,topic:26320"”]

I might take 2 or 3 laps at 10/10th’s at this event, maybe not. I was driving scared at the last auto-x the entire day and really just need my confidence back right now.

[/quote]

What are you talking about Zong? You haven’t lived until you filp a car, my confidence hasn’t changed; thats why they have insurance companies :lolsign:

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:297,topic:26320"”]

BTW, eMKay and I are both qualified SCCA PDX instructors (HPDE, lapping day) and will be more than happy to sit shotgun for anyone wanting pointers.

[/quote]

id totally be down for some driving tips. its been a while since ive driven anything at the limit on tarmac.

i will also volunteer to flag or school newbs wherever help is needed.