NYSpeed Track Day #1 - Friday June 15th, 2007

lol @ Zong.

Josh, I think running it in reverse could have some potential, significantly more opportunities for some good trail braking/rotation to set you up for turns. But it could also suck. Let’s do a few recon laps when we first show up and figure it out.

This will be my 4th track day, so you can take the newb thing off if you want. :slight_smile:

Track day @ Dunnville =! Track day in rest of the world.

[quote=“MPD47,post:263,topic:26320"”]

Track day @ Dunnville =! Track day in rest of the world.

[/quote]

OK Mr. Pro. I’ve been to Dunnville twice and TMP once.

I have the same number of track days to the rest of the world as you.

Edit: I will also be rocking the stock IS300. RE92s GO!

That wasnt intended as a burn Phil, if you took it that way I apologize. And no you dont.

yeah I consider TMP a joke / big autox. sure, it was fun, but having also drive the Glen, NHIS and Lime Rock Park, um… its some asphalt out in a field next to a bunch of Canadian rednecks - although they DID have some good beer (after I had called it quits for the day)

… thats not to say I didn’t have one hell of a time up there with Sam and Josh and Aaron (and the stupid redhead posting above me who thought he was a lawn care professional in my BMW)

So I’m pretty sure the 55 had about the same lap time as the EVO @ TMP after this last weekend…so it should do ok next friday :wink:

^^ SNAP

[quote=“JoesTypeS,post:267,topic:26320"”]

So I’m pretty sure the 55 had about the same lap time as the EVO @ TMP after this last weekend…so it should do ok next friday :wink:

[/quote]

Just get your fluids under control and tell everyone ahead of time to be prepared to wave you by :headbang:

Jus t heard from der Geist:

“I’ve got 4-2 day track events and 1 autocross under my belt. I have another track day June 13th as well.”

So no newb there.

Nice. It just makes it so much easier if we don’t have to teach a whole group of people what to do.

But if anyone wants any instruction, just ask. There are many people who will be there that wouldn’t mind riding along :tup:

[quote=“BroisZ06,post:246,topic:26320"”]

Its June!!! :headbang: came fast!!

[/quote]

Damn right it did! I looked at my vacation calender and forgot why I took off this day!

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:248,topic:26320"”]

Looking at the list, I don’t think there are too many track n00bs going… Correct me if I’m wrong:

[/quote]

I am a definite track n00b. This will be my first time racing at a track and i’ve never really spectated at such an event either.

As far as sanctioned racing, I’ve done the FLR Auto-x novice school 2x, and attended about 6 events over the last 3 years. I’ve logged nearly a hundred runs @ NYIRP alone over the past 5 years with this car. That’s about it…

My entire suspension, braking, and steering systems of the car have been very heavily modified and upgraded (see Members - j-body.org - The J-Body Organization ), pretty much as far as I could before changing geometry or mounting points, and I am still getting used to the way it drives with the new setup. edit: Because I didn’t complete the setup till September of last year and have only auto-x’d on it 4x with 1 school)

I’ve done several track days but I still consider myself a newbie… Just because you have one or two track days doesn’t mean you are experienced!

Question, and sorry if they have been covered. What different times would the two run groups be at? And during a run group, is it acceptable to pull over, pick up a passenger, etc.

BTW: broisZ06 is a newbie… this will be his first track day

Question from the PDF…

All drivers are to hand in their filled out tech form & sign waivers, as well as a signed copy of this document (see last page) to affirm that it was indeed read.

This “tech form”. I assume we get it when we get to the event since it’s not posted anywhere?

Also, at the UBRF track day there was a rule about long sleeve cotton shirts, and cotton pants, that pretty much no one ended up following because it was 90 and humid. Are shorts and short sleeve shirts at the participants discretion?

[quote=“JayS,post:274,topic:26320"”]

This “tech form”. I assume we get it when we get to the event since it’s not posted anywhere?

[/quote]

Right Click, Save As HERE - NYSpeed Track Day Rules / Regulations - PDF File

Are shorts and short sleeve shirts at the participants discretion?

yup.

[quote=“Thong,post:275,topic:26320"”]

Right Click, Save As HERE - NYSpeed Track Day Rules / Regulations - PDF File

[/quote]

Maybe you haven’t read what you’re linking. My quoted text was directly from the PDF. Aka, I’ve read it, front to back.

I’m asking about the tech form the PDF mentions. No where in the PDF is there a tech form.

I’m assuming it’s something like:
Tires - Check
Tire rods - Check
Battery Tie Down - Check
All interior items removed - Check
etc etc

Ahh, sorry. I read too fast.

For Mav: the 2 groups will go out for 30 minute, alternating sessions.

I need to update that PDF - There is no tech form.

You need to:

1. sign the back page of that PDF
  2. sign the dunnville waiver once at the track
  3. pass visual tech inspection

I asked the same thing last year and was told there is no tech form, ignore that.

This is a good time to remind everyone: If you don’t sign that back page of the PDF and hand it to me on track day, you will NOT be allowed on the track.

Yeah we originally intended to make a tech form, but never did. I really need to update it.