NYSpeed Track Day #1 - Friday June 15th, 2007

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:297,topic:26320"”]

If you are doing that, keep it to yourself. Bringing out the stopwatch puts people in the competitive mode and not the learning mode that most should be in. Knowing that I was being timed contributed to my off, using track pads for auto-x didn’t help either, but it was my equipment, my responsibility.

It’s cool if you want to run 10/10ths, just don’t do it with a full track of noobs and/or with a passenger.

[/quote]

I agree 100%. I have a tendency to push myself when I am being timed although it does give you a nice way to monitor progress. Sometimes I can’t tell if when things feel smoother if I am actually just driving slower… The one great thing about timing is it doesn’t lie. I find it a useful tool to assess which driving styles etc. are faster for me and if I am improving as a driver. I would really only care about my personal lap times vs. one another, not against other drivers. Your point is well taken though about 10/10ths with noobs around. I am more of a 7-8/10ths myself…

so are tehre transponders avail or no?

Jeremy, if you want to share your car with eMKay that’s fine :tup:

I’m definitely looking for people to help instruct me/give me tips. MPD47 said he’d work with me, but I know he’ll be busy at times with other people.

If the people that are willing to instruct pipe up at the drivers meeting, that would be super helpful.

[quote=“Viper966,post:302,topic:26320"”]

so are tehre transponders avail or no?

[/quote]

If you have an AMB transponder, then you can use their system.

[quote=“Silver,post:304,topic:26320"”]

… If the people that are willing to instruct pipe up at the drivers meeting, that would be super helpful.

[/quote]

We did that last year and only one person said they wanted instruction. :gotme:

[quote=“Onyx Z32,post:306,topic:26320"”]

We did that last year and only one person said they wanted instruction. :gotme:

[/quote]

I’ll definitely take some instruction. Mike went out for a few laps with me last year and that helped alot, I was going way too fast into turns. I feel like I know what I’m doing now, alot better than before, but instruction for some laps would be nice.

anyone willing to help me pedal in the saturn to keep it moving is welcome as a passanger.

If any instructor wants to sit in with me and the Supra for a few laps and give some pointers I’d appreciate it.

Any for everyone out there: Go to video.google.com and search for “Dunnville”. Start watching some of the videos posted up of prior track days… use this opportunity to learn the course!! I can’t stress enough how important it is to memorize the track before you race on it. Simply looking at a map in a drivers meeting doesn’t cut it.

ok, are we meeting up to cruise there or what?

I’m definitely up for a cruise. I was just checking out directions on google maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=536+Port+Maitland+Rd&saddr=buffalo,+ny&f=d&hl=en&sll=42.880697,-79.586592&sspn=0.006887,0.016222&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=42.948381,-79.17366&spn=0.44028,1.038208&z=10

I used the address to the Dunnville airport strip, since I couldn’t find an address on the autodrome site. They did say that’s where they’re located.

The biggest warning is that there are two roads with the #3

Highway 3 and Rural Road 3

When I went to TMP I crossed into Ft. Erie, and hopped right on Garrison Rd (the other 3), and took that most of the way there. That sends you straight through Port Colborne but other than that it’s a pretty nice drive.

I’m not sure if I’ll just do that again, or follow the google maps directions that send you up the QEW and across 25 to 525 to 23 to 3.

Which ever way I end up going, I’ll probably go the other on the way back.

I’m sure there have been other offers, but if anyone drops out, I’d love to go. If anyone is selling their spot, and would like to make a few bucks, PM me.

I liked the way through Long Beach, Ontario.

^ That looks like a bit of a detour, and onto a very secondary road.

Hmm, I’ll follow you then :slight_smile:

I’m coming from a few hours away and would like to meet up with people in Buffalo to cruise to the track with. Anyone meeting up around in Buffalo before the drive?

Mike, I’ll be in Buffalo prior to, you’ve got my number give me a ring.

Everyone should start meeting at mighty around 2pm. For those comming from out-of-town, it’s the mighty taco on Sheridan Drive and Niagara Falls Blvd.