NYSpeed @ Winged Warrior Performance Challenge - May 11th, 12th 2007

Yes, they do make coolers for struts, it’s called remote res. shocks. You’re definitely blaming car setup and your trying to get maximum runs causing you to overheat on the event rather than setup. More ducting would’ve helped a ton, I’ll bet on it.

Excuses are usually BS, mine are explanations.

oh really? how would that help. let me put a remote res strut in my car (assuming i fabricated one) and put it in a 300+ deg amb temp. that would help.

overall i just didn’t care for the event. there were neat car though. it must be a lot different when your not racing.

You dont put remote res’s in the wheel wells :lol:

Damn somedude… that sucks about your struts, but I can’t see why you’re blaming the course / event for the failure of your setup :gotme:

I think the big issue is that you’re trying to be competitive with a car that very few people would ever consider competing with… even Tokico who, very likely, never imagined someone buying their Taurus struts and actually driving that hard on them. If you want build something less mainstream, you need to accept that it’s going to cost you much more money and more headaches than a more “qualified” platform.

And even if Tokico says those are the “right” struts for your car, only you know your setup. You need to do your own research into these things - look at the dyno charts for the struts, ask the company what the tolerances are, etc.

Also, what springs are you using?
What about after market control arms / rods?
Have you made any attempts to adjust the weight (front/rear) ratio based on your mods?
Have you had your car aligned properly or corner-weighted?
Are your current struts adjustable? If so, what setting were they on?

You’ve got a very heavy car, pushing more power / torque than it’s supposed to. But I can’t find any post (only a quick search) where you’ve said you’ve modified your suspension to properly react to the increased power.

Either way, you can’t blame the course or the event for your cars shortcomings.

well where would you put it smart guy inside the car. at the rear of the car? obviously not.nothing more is going to fit in the front bumper area or behind the inner fenders. there is kind of a turbo in the way.

edit:I realize that i don’t drive a race car the only thing they need to change at the event is to no have a major transition in the middle of a braking point and to break up the autoX (IE more people per group) so there is more time between runs. I don’t hate the event because my car can’t handle the abuse i just didn’t think the event was worth going to. i don’t know how log you guys watched the autoX but the course workers were a safety hazzard. maybe i’m just too used to the way SCCA holds their events. the fact that 2 of the course workers had to run for dear life to get out of my way.

Also, what springs are you using?
What about after market control arms / rods?
Have you made any attempts to adjust the weight (front/rear) ratio based on your mods?
Have you had your car aligned properly or corner-weighted?
Are your current struts adjustable? If so, what setting were they on?

*I bought what was soposedly a great setup at the time. knowing what i know no i’m going to e changing to taller springs +1" frond +.5 rear.
*no aftermarket ctrl arms available
*adjust my weight ratio? how would I do that the car is left and front heavy. I surely can’t add weight to the right side or rear to ballance it out and i don’t think a right side conversion would be cost effective. there isn’t much avaliable for springs either without going coilover which i may eventually do.
struts not adjustable will be upgrading eventually

the car has stiffer than stock springs all around. what is soposed to be much stiffer struts (the origionals were but the warrantied pair sucks). the stock brakes are 10.4" so i upgraded to the 96+sho brakes which are 11.6 then i later upgraded the calaper from a single 57mm piston calaper to the twin 40mm 2 piston mustang cobra calaper. for rear brakes we modifed the rear bias valve which reduces rear brake pressure as the rear of the vehicle lifts to keep the rear tires from locking. we just had to change the hidth of the arm to adjust for the lowering springs. Rear pads are pfc’s and are suffecient fronts are hawk hp+ and are definately not. all of the front suspention is thermoplastic and is the hardest bushings they make fo the SHO. I still constantly break them.

Yes dumb guy I would. Rear remotes should be placed above the rear towers in the trunk or back seat area, or along rear frame rails, and fronts should be placed above the strut/shock (in the engine compartment) along the leading edge of the fender well or up in the cowl area.

so your first 2 suggestions on where to mount the remote rez’s are in the engine compartment that was also screaming hot @ ww3, and in teh space thats currently occupied by the turbo on the passanger side ?

So again, piss poor cooling in the car is the fault of the event how?

Not to mention your lack of knowledge of remote shocks is hilarious that you’re actually trying to debate shock fade on this. Please learn before typing/speaking.

your ignorance is blinding i’m done with this thread.

rofl rofl rofl. Says the person who trapped 105 with a 67 trim turbo.

You have a shitty cooling system, you have shitty, oh wait, NO ducting to your brakes, you blame the event and call me ignorant? :lol:

Tell me, where are the majority of remote canisters mounted? Oh yeah, on strut braces between the towers, directly over the engine. Yeah, way to think that one through dumbass.

You cant handle 5 AutoX runs, yet you’re signed up for a track day? It’s going to be hilarious watching your car blow up because you’ve spent money on shitty parts, in a shitty platform, with inadequate cooling and your car still isnt fast.

I for one am glad you wont be back :slight_smile:

:lol: @ the blame game

back to quotes:

me:hey justin, wasnt that hat blue at one point?
Justin:yea…
me: now its subaru brown

I just remembered doing the lawn job in downtown Indy, with the jeep and trailer, after hopping a curb in front of a cop… :lol:

(Think toronto parking garage, except with grass instead of sidewalk, and a cop)

lol…

toronto felt like you ran over a mountain

you can’t quote yourself…

[img]that’sghey[/img ]

thats who they picked for miss winged warriors (or w/e they called her) ?

i saw about 300 better looking girls just by walking around the Circle Centre area

She’s got a mustache

no she dosent.

I definitely see a mustache.