NYSpeeds Financial Advisors...

x2, either keep the vw or trade it in for a car of similar value.

Just wait 7 days and you’ll change your mind and want something else.

Your gti can’t be that bad in the snow. You should have bought actual snows. My lowered 96 jetta has hakka q’s and she is a fucking tank this winter, no problems whatsoever.

Looking into a 20k+ car is a retarded idea. Stop trying to live right at the max of your means, one slip up with car/work/anything financially and you will be fucked.

The way i look at it, when you’re making 10/hr you shouldn’t be driving a 25k car. Save your pennies, buy a mid 90’s honda if you hate VW so much, and keep your bank for when you move

Oh and just wanted to make this clear. I’m really listening to everything you’re all saying and I REALLY APPRECIATE IT. All consideration has been made, I’ll most likely save up a shit ton of cash and wait until next summer, possibly pick up a 1k honda to put some miles on in the mean time. I know I’m capable of banking alot of cash and I usually always get what I want. I’m going to make sure I really time this right so I can afford and enjoy it.
Thanks again everyone.

lol I’ve been wanting an evo for months, I can’t just tell nyspeed that, I’ll get torn apart. Need proof? click back to page 1 and re-read the thread lol.

I got real snows, they work fine, just the fact that I plow the road is getting old, as is the temptations to mod it.

last year i drove a lower car than that through the winter?

It’s my 2nd winter driving, I can’t claim to be an amazing driver, you know how 18 year old kids are…

this thread rules

My stubbornness makes me=:bloated:

you shouldn’t be spending more than your gross annual pay on the price of a car. in other words, if you make 10/hr, or essentially $20,800/year, you should not be buying a $30k car.

i think a SAFE and CONSERVATIVE route to take is that it is ok to spend 1/3 of your gross pay on a car. so if you make 60k, then a 20k-25k car is reasonable. if you make 100k, then a 30-40k car is reasonable.

a better rule of thumb is that you should spend between 2x your gross pay on a house. ie, if you make 75k (total household income) then a 150k house is reasonable.

people spending beyond their means to satisfy material wants without regard to long term affordability and consequences is one of the main reasons we are in the current economic downward spiral.

bottom line = IF YOU MAKE 20k/year, you SHOULD NOT be purchaing a 30k car.