Thinkin about buyin an Evo..

Lookin at an 03’ Evo to be my DD for a while… Any major issues w/ these cars? This ones got 39k, an doesnt apear to have an crazy knock clicks or rattles…

biggest issue youre gonna want to look for is the tranny/transfercase.

make sure the tranny shifts smooth with no grinds and make sure the transfer case doesnt have the infamous death whine or ull be in for some pretty expensive repairs.

other than that, ur pretty set. maintenance is expensive though.

is the car youre looking at at a dealership?

Make sure your buying a clean/taken care of car. If it looks beat dont take your chances. Look/ask for any maint. history. Is it modded?

Doesn’t look like it had been modded. And I didn’t hear any whining… Its at a dealer on the corner of Clinton and Union… Sitting next to an '05 STI that I also drove (an its fuck load faster)… but it had been modded and i couldnt afford the payment for it…

I really would look away from an 03… first model year of anything is usally a bad idea… but they are high maintenance… at this point the car should have had 2 fluid changes (diff, t-case, transmission) probably the clutch replaced, gone threw Brake pads, and atleast 2 sets of tires…

Shortly youll be looking into… T-belt/water pump and clutch if it wasnt done yet… all kind of pricey…

but the biggest problem with DDing an Evo is Insurance… call you insurance with a vin and you will probably be looking at something else… :confused: I have to have the jetta listed as primary to keep insurance reasonable

yeah at pat learys, the evo was in an accident where it slid out of control, hit another vehicle, hit a pole and rolled an enbankment… i looked up the carfax because i was thinking of buying it

/\ wow really that sucks…

in that case I have an evo for sale :stuck_out_tongue:

F**K! i really wanted that thing… oh well.

I really want an AWD car… damn… the search continues

Did I mention Im selling an AWD car? lol

But GL there are a few AWD’s on the board (white STI, silver WRX wagon, Red WRX wagon, my evo)… and getting a loan isnt usally to hard if you have a checking account go to that bank and inquire…

yeah i know lmao i did too, carfax usually will help a lot , its worth the 30$ if u are seriosuly looking for a car

what are you asking for it? nm saw the post… might be interested

he has a link to his fs thread in his sig

21 OBO… but ya link in the sig… if you have sigs off its on page 2 of the auto trader…

I pay $500 a year for full collision on my Evo :slight_smile:

probably listed as a second or 3rd car?.. listing it as a primary no good…

I pay 600 with full collision and max out coverages here.

your old you dont count :stuck_out_tongue:

I cant wait till Nov. I turn 25… and Aug I lose a few point off the record :slight_smile: mabye then I can afford it…

thats layzie old sti.Spec will chime in he works at pat leary