o yes this question again-.-

OK so I have been all over the place all over these forums and countless others to find a defiant answer to this question. My speedo reeds that its pined when the car gets warm it goes to about 140 and sits there. So I think “k it has to be the speed sensor right” So I hit up a wrecker, grab one, almost die, and get back to plugged it in. (not install it) I just simply unplugged the old one that sat in the tyranny and on the side plugged in the new one to see if it would jump to 0. And i got a whole lot of nothing.
I hit up the auto parts store and they were nice enough to hook me up with the cars wiring diagram it said that the speed sensor was connected straight to the cluster. So before I rip my cluster out has anyone ever had this problem and solved it yet? I just want to start something here so that people that have this problem can get a solution including my self. When I get it to work I’ll be sure to post it for everyone that doesn’t know.

Thank you

as far as melon scratchers go thats a honey doodle

speedo. mines pinned at 180 all the time, then 60 then 0 then accurate.

i def think this here is your cluster. if its a sohc i think i mite have a cluster hanging around you can try.
it coould very well be a bad grounding somewhere.
mite wanna look over all your majour and minor grounding .

yah something gives me the feeling its the cluster as well.

I would take you up on your offer but Bramption is a long ways away for just a cluster but funny enough i bought my 240 around there. Thanks anyways though.

one other problem it could be and its the worst one of them all is the wiring because that sensor wire snakes around everywhere and its hard to follow it once it goes in to the main wiring harness. But thanks for the offer.

if ur car has ever cut out while u are driving then it is 100% ur speedo in ur cluster…

no other than starting rough almost all the time i cant say its ever cut out. see it has to be something theres only 3 things it can be the sensor the wiring or the cluster.
Dose the speed sensor rout back to the ecu after it enters the cluster?