o2 sensor screwed?

Well when i was driving today i thought i heard a weird noise…so i popped the hood n took a quick look and saw that my o2 sensor plug was melted right onto my turbo mani…does anyone have an idea of what symtoms i would be getting if it were to be not working now…i had it plugged in and then un-plugged it with the car running…and there was no difference in dile or anything…any ideas would be greatly apreciated!
here a pic of the burnt plug…

It’ll go to a default fuel map and run rich to protect itself. Wouldn’t do any spirited driving.

looks like the actual wires weren’t damaged just the plug itself. You may get away with just using it until a new one comes along just make sure and tie it back so it doesn’t touch the manifold again. I may have a spare at the shop I will check tomorrow. I’ll let you know if I find one.

Yea thats what i was hoping to do…but i think my o2 sensor is fine just the plug is screwed…so would i have to replace the whole unit…including the o2…cuz i heard they arent cheap…well if you find it let me know ill pick it up…and i also needed some work on my exhaust done if your not too busy sometimes…i just need to make better hangers for it becuase it always comes off the ones now…PM me a price roughly or i can just stop by your shop…ive bin there a couple of times…thanks!

I dont have the plug unfortunaly. I can definatly take car of you exhaust hangers. I will need to look at them first before I can quote you though. Just give me a call.

Yeah I’d just find another clip somehow (might be hard to find an sr20 o2 sensor clip). solder the old to the new… and heat shield it ? :smiley:

Go to the junkyard, nissan uses that clip everywhere, o2 sensors etc. Last time i was there and needed one the lady at the front just gave me a wink and told me to leave :pimp:

It wont hurt your engine at all to run without your O2 sensor. If fact i know people who run without it all the time just to have a cooler running, safer setup.

Ok so will driving it hard effect my motor at all?..i am gonna get a new plug eventually…but i really have no time cuz im working 6 days a week…ill have time sunday but yea jason lange i will deffinatly give you a shout this weekend. thanks!