OBD 2 and Airbags

Longstory short, friend got into a accident on the 20th. Car is a 96 nissan maxima. both airbags went off. I know alot of people for inspecting, but would it even pass on the computer even IF i knew the person (iilegal inspection). Best idea i could think of was taking the bags out, and closing the comparments up.

you dont need air bags to pass inspection

Thanks. just the anwser i need. ive never had a obd2 car so i dont know the downfalls of it. and whats not legal. and what shows up when yuo do inspect it.

If I remember correctly though, if the car came with airbags I was under the impression they had to be in working order?

If I went to an inspection shop and saw a car come in with deployed airbags, if I cared anything for the saftey of people as I am an inspector, I would look that damn car up and down regardless if airbags were required or not, as an accident generaly means damage, and some unseen damage that can be fatal down the road

i thought the same.

The damage isnt that bad at all. a 2in dent into the front bumper/support. 15mph into pole. airbags went boom. everything works/operates fine.

Unsure about actual airbags but I know the airbag/SRS light can be illuminated and the vehicle will pass NYSI. As idiotic as that is.

My buddy took his airbag out when he changed his wheel and it passes just fine

Airbags shouldn’t make the car fail inspection…

Car will pass annual NYS inspection just fine, will fail NYS DOT inspection if for some reason it needs to be teched(car totaled and rebuilt for example). Car cannot be sold without signed forms to buyer informing of SRS deplyment/non repair. If your car is listed as SRS equipped to your insurance company and airbags are deployed and not repaird they technically must be notified to change the policy(as most places give discounts for SRS)

:rofl i might be getting the car for 300. she dosnt want to deal with all this . haha. i think the laser is gunna become property of the port of albany when i get it. ;D

so you might get the maxima for $300??? NICE!!! I would be all over it for that money!

MAXIMAS ARE SO HOTTTT.

after they have a KATTMANN INTAKE