off duty cop tried to pull me over

I was a criminal justice major for a couple seconds (one semester) and i believe i remmeber one of my teachers telling us that this is a regular occurence with newly retired police officers. They become institutionalized if you will, and cant handle being reitred so they go out looking to pull people over and whatnot. Also when i told my mom what happened she told me a story about a retired lackawanna officer doing the same thing to her and my dad back in the 80’s. I guess the department made him call my mom and apologize lol.

ya and i work at buffalo general, thats all i need is to be driving through B district with all of them looking for me. I do know many of the B district officers on a first name basis though so who knows.

lol some retard corrections officer was trying to pull me over once, showing his badge and yelling a lot… i lol’d a bit

This this this!

You dont have to pull over just because someone flashes a badge… there have been plenty of stories of people getting jacked up by someone impersonating an officer (im sure more females than males). If you pulled over you can sit in your car with the windows up and stare at him for all you care.

PS. I LOL’d at the exchange of the birds :smiley:

holy shit i got a story about a corrections officer. I was at a house party, one in which the father was there and also drinking, anyway, the fathers friend came over. This friend happened to be a corrections officer, one of those corrections officers that reall really wishes he was a cop. Anyway, i just happened to be talking to my friends girlfriend about the criminal justice major at ecc because she was interested in it. This guy is in the kitchen “messing” with kids by flashing his badge and saying that hes state poloice and askin for id, considering most people in the world are stupid, these kids were running, shaking with nervousness or trying to show a fake id. The girl i was talking to looked at me like she was gonna ask what we should do, i could see that it was a corrections badge form where i was standing, not like im a genius, they are extremely easy to tell apart from a police badge even from a distance, so i told her not to worry. So he comes up to us, literally gets in my face and yells u got id?! ( oh btw, i was 21 at the time so it didnt really matter neway), so i look at his badge that he has out, and in a polite, nonbadass voice i say, thats a corrections badge. He walks away and goes to the next room where i hear kids freaking out once again, thinking hes a cop. I cant believe these kids were falling for this, not to mention he was wearing a fuckin hawaiin shirt and cargo shorts, obviously hes not on duty…idiots

^ I would have called 911 on the corrections officer telling people he was state police. Impersonating an officer is serious and the guy almost certainly would have lost his corrections job over it.

i actually considered telling him he was committing a felony but i didnt wanna be the guy who acts like he knows everything about law enforcement so i just made him look like an idiot instead.

It’s impossible to speed on main street in EA even without the construction due to every other asshole driving 15mph looking for vidlers and charlies diner.

sucks you had to deal with that. but just be careful

In court and officer’s word is gold FYI

i have a feeling this isnt the only time this has happened to him. and if thats true then i also have a feeling this wont make it to court

From my understanding(from school and such), off-duty cops have full enforcement abilities whether on the job or not. I think if they saw someone committing a crime they have to phone it in to have an on-duty cop present. I could be wrong about this though.

However he was probably retired so he can’t DO anything.

some guy tryed this on me in south buffalo , I gave him the bird and drove super slow all the way to down town

Ive been stopped a couple times by off duty police… ive also NOT stopped a couple times…

nothing ever came of either event though.

One of the finniest encounters I have ever witnessed.

Or you can be like someone we know and sit looking forward with the window up and the top down just to piss the guy off.

Ha.

I think it is redic people pull this shit
and would like to see anything comes from your encounter.
I’ve heard that they can issue tickets off duty in most states except some odd ruling in NY.

from what i was told by the west seneca police officer is that all they can do is "advise"me on what im doing wrong and call the police if they feel like it, and when the police arrive, the off duty cop can give a report that will be filed as if he was on duty when the event occured, because he might as well be since he knows how to be a cop even when hes not punched in obviously.

Semi-on topic, I have a story about a C.O. as well.

I was at work, and he came in, and was asking where to buy a marijuannaaa bowl, and he was going through all the blunt wraps asking me all these questions. I’m like, “uhh across the street is a head shop,” and he’s like “oh yeah? well I’m a cop.” and flashes me his badge real quick. I’m like “Ok, well still, across the street is a head shop…” and then he proceeds to tell me that he was a police officer and how he loves smoking weed and I said something along the lines of how fucked up that was seeing that he was the law, and he was like you think that we don’t wanna have fun, etc. etc, basically just proving to me that he was the BIGGEST douche bag ever.

Well anyway, I didn’t know he was a C.O. until like a week later and he came in with his parents and his mom was telling me how proud she was that he was a C.O. I just started laughing super hard, and every time he comes in now I just laugh.

the only thing i got out of this story was that we should legalize marijuana!