off duty cop tried to pull me over

Ya so what do i do in this situation. I dropped my aunt off at her doctors office in east aurora. On my way down main some tan gand marquis behind me beeps after a redlight changes green. Im guessing its because i took too long to go. I shrug it off and keep driving. He does it again at another redlight, i look back and make eye contact with him. Its just a regular grand marquis with handicap plates an an old guy in the car. He follows me all the way to west seneca and when i go to make a turn on red he beeps again, this time longer, so i give him the finger in the mirror. He gives me the finger back and drives up next to me flashing a badge telling me to pull over, i definitly am not pulling over for a car that is not a police car with a senior citizen in it. I go to my house he follows me shows his badge and its buffalo police badge. i tell him my cousin is a buffalo poice officer and uncle a west seneca police officer and that what he did was wrong. he told me he was beeping at me to pull me over because i was speeding down main and on my cell phone. I was on my phone for a very short period of time but because of construction on main there is no way i couldve been speeding it was bumper to bumper until the rounda bout thing. So anyway hes writing down my plate, telling me hes gonna get my license pulled. He asks for my name and if the cars mine i told him im not telling him anything and he then drives off. i obviously now that some of the things he did are very wrong and actually by the book illegal. but im still wondering if he can do any damage. Anyone else ever have this happen?

lol that’s messed up. I assume you got his info? Name at least? Might be worth $20 bucks to get a lawyer’s opinion over the phone…

Did you take down his plate and call the cops? That’s the best thing you can do right now.

Don’t worry about it. He can’t do anything to you.

I hope you got his plate? plus he is out of his district. I hope he cant do anything.

just got off the phone with wspd. They said theres nothing he can do except “advise” me on my driving. All investigating will be dont by west seneca if he does indeed call them and since he hasno way to prove anything (radar, camera etc.) then basically hes shit out of luck. You shoulda seen this old man, he had one of those old people gurdles on for when you back finally dies on you, he could barely walk. His badge wasnt a retiree badge but he had to of been retired, unless he just sits at a desk now.

You should have hit him in the hip with a steering wheel lock… teach the geezer a lesson about authority.

yes got his plate, wouldnt give me his name tho obviously since i didnt give him mine. I told the cops not to investigate it thought kuz i dont feel like following up as long as he dont do nething i just want it to go away you know

Obviously you don’t know how the legal system works…

You think him not having a camera or any other equipment in his car would prevent you from getting in trouble? :lol:

Not saying that you’re getting in trouble for what just happened but your thought process is flawed…

btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE

u always liek to shit up threads dont u. First of all as i stated before, all i told him was that i have family that are police, and what he did was wrong. I never told him my name if the car was mine or anything like that. Its his word against mine and i understand hes off duty police but he still has no instrument proving that i did anything wrong and any lawyer would exploit the hell out of that in court. I dont need you to tell me that im wrong, i was told this by a police officer, but what would he know?

What don’t you understand about cops DON’T NEED CAMERAS OR ANY EQUIPMENT all they need is their word.

Carry on…

I also doubt anything will come from this but don’t spread bad information to people about cops and what they need for proof.

:lol:

If you don’t feel that the person is an officer you’re welcome to call the police while they are there and they will typically send out a marked car to complete the transaction.

Good luck thinking your word against his (if he was a cop) is going to mean anything.

im not spreading bad info, i understand its his word against mine but it all comes down to your representation it really does. If you really wanna get down to it, witnesses can be called in from construction sites on main during the time it happened to justify in my defense that the traffic was bumper to bumper. Or the police could get a witness to say vice versa, this off duty officer would not be the say all end all, i know this for a fact ad you can keep trying to say otherwise but you are wasting your time.

holy shit why did i start this fucking thread. You people all know just as much as me or less apparently

once an off duty police officer pulled next to me to flash his badge and try to pull me over. I blew a u turn and floored it sideways in my z28 camaro. ahh, to be 16 and stupid again with my 15sec camaro.lol

needless to say the police officer didnt pull me over. Maybe you shoulda blew some dukes of hazards moves to evade his old ass.

funny u mention that kuz i forgot to mention that he was swerving into my lane and he got in front of me at one point and put his brakes on but i got into the turning lane to turn into my neighborhood, who knows what couldve happened if i wouldnt have gone into the turning lane.

I got pulled over by a detective that was coming home from work…that was not a fun time

I wouldn’t have pulled over for some handicapped idiot in a grand marquis either.

So when someone beeps at you, you are supposed to pull over? That has to be one of the dumbest fucking things I’ve ever heard.

Old people generally suck. Buffalo Police generally suck. Old Buffalo Police… yeah, you see where I’m going with this.

Like the WS police said, he hasn’t got enough to go on. That doesn’t mean he won’t tell all his crooked Buffalo cop buddies some blown out of proportion version of the story so they’re all watching for you though.

I actually got pulled over (well not me but my buddy who was driving) by an off duty PA State Trooper for mooning him and his g/f. That was interesting.

Also here in Tx an off duty cop yelled at me while at a red light in my Vette to drive slower. When the light turned green I smoked um down in 1st and 2nd, then stopped at the very next light after that right next to him again. I was half hoping it would turn out that way. He actually got out of his truck to make something of it, but the light turned green and I jetted. Don’t really know what he would have done though, as I’m not going to believe a guy yelling “I’m a cop” is actually a cop. He wasn’t very intimidating though being about 6inches and 50 lbs under me. Awh good times.