Off roading locally

would like to try my duc scrambler on some trails - thats what i had envisioned when i bought it, but can’t find any within a reasonable distance from home

I want to try my hand at some off-roading.

Sadly the owner of wispering Pines Offroad park passed away, so its closed until further notice :frowning:
im so bummed. Im actually thinking about selling the X that was the closest and funniest thing around it was like when they closed Dunnville killed my motivation for trackdays :confused:

Over the weekend a friend told me that Kissing Bridge was closing. She sounded sure of herself but I just can’t believe it. Maybe just the skiing is closing, maybe KB Moto will stay open.(?)

I know this isn’t local but maybe someone knows what I’m in store for. I’m planning a trip right now and doing 2 offroad tours. 1 is going to be a semi offroad, not so much rugged offroading but to see Sedona, AZ around the outer rim they have. My 2nd tour will be the Xtreme 4x4 tour in Moab, UT around Canyonlands. Apparently this tour does obstacles most/all other tours will not. I am extremely excited for this and it will be one of the first real offroad adventures.

Has anyone gone offroading at either or done a tour at either?

I have done a tour in Sedona with some really sweet restored Land Cruisers but never driven myself.

I’d love to drive either but with the luck I’ve had this past year… I’ll leave it to someone that knows what the hell they are doing before totaling something or seriously injuring people. lol I am extremely excited for Canyonlands.

KB Moto actually makes money for them. Skiing, on the other hand, doesn’t. $2,000.00 a day to keep a chairlift spinning…

With all of this global warming they should add a water park with 500’ waterslide and forget about snow sports. :smiley:

I could really find that fun. I wonder the cost involved to have a snacking tubed water slide from the top of HV or KB to the bottom.

Again, I know this isn’t local but figured this might be a great place to share.

If you ever find yourself in Moab, UT and not with an off-road vehicle or wanting to chance renting one, I highly recommend doing a tour with Xtreme 4x4 tours as they have one absolutely amazing rig that is setup similar to a rock crawler. They are the only tour to do the hardest lines, Hell’s Gate and Escalator along with a few Bath Tubs. You are secured by a 5 point harness, extremely padded racing seats and a roll cage that is welded to the frame in about 16 different places. The truck is absolutely incredible and safe compared to any other tour out there. It was fantastic watching other tours stop, get out and wait to watch us do obstacles the other tours would not do. We were doing lines most people we passed would not try.
I’d have to say this made my entire trip. They have 30+ trails on their permit and the greatest truck you’ll be able to take a tour on. We found out, he is the only one that will come to get you if you break down and no other company will come.

http://generaltire.com/images/uploads/news/12_Moab_50th_Easter_Jeep_Safari_xtreme_4x4_tours_buggy.JPG